Chapter 24: success

Start from the beginning

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!!"

"I'm ssssoooorrrrrrrryyyy!"

I look down to see Jack shirtless holding a leg of the bed frame chasing y/n down the street. I chuckled a little bit before I yelled out to him.

"Did you remember to nail down the bed frame?" I shouted. He just flicks me off.

"Screw you!" That gave me a good laugh. We are a bunch of misfits and I love it.

"Aren't you going to your daily perversion today?" Ddraig spoke out loud.

"Nah not today. I need to face reality. I just hope I can find a woman who can love me for me. I'm going to change for a better future.

Timeskip

We were heading to the docks so we can head home. As we were on the walk board y/n stops the group as turns to me.

"Alright look in front of us Issei." He says as we. See ahead.

There stood a beautiful woman staring out into the ocean. She was wearing mostly pink and had a fox tail and fox ears.

"Alright the choice is up to you. Do you want to approach her or do you want to walk away? The choice is yours Issei." Y/n says as Jack and Carl both give thumbs up.

After a deep breathe and thinking I made my choice.

"I'm going in. I won't back down now." I say walking forwards. Every fear of love that I had was gone in the moment. I walked forward confidently and focused.

I walked beside her and spoke first.

"Hey there." I greeted.

"Huh?" She said. Her voice was mature she looked to be 4 years older than me.

"I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. I j-just wanted ask if you would want if we could get to know each other." I said keeping my tone.

"I know we never met until now. But I wanted to see your face before I lost it forever." I said easing up on my tone.

She said nothing as she just stared at me. Thinking on what I shake I began to curse myself thinking that I screwed up but I managed to hide by staring out into the ocean.

A minute went by until.

"That was very brave of you. Asking for my number when we never met." She said.

I looked up towards the sun.

"I wanted to live my life with no regrets. And honestly your drop dead gorgeous." I replied.

That was when she hugged my arm and we stared into each other's eyes.

"That's what I was looking for in a man.~" She said.

She slipped a piece of paper into my pocket and kissed my cheek.

"Call me sometime okay.~ Oh and my name is Mayla ok?" She said as she walked off.

~ Oh and my name is Mayla ok?" She said as she walked off

I stood there frozen. Then y/n and the other came over.

"Well what happened? Did she reject you?" Carl asked.

I pulled out the slip and I said with the biggest grin on my face.

"I got her number."

They cheered in joy as they hugged me.

"Congrats Issei I knew you could do it!" Y/n shouted. It turns out the Mayla was a youkai or a fox spirit. So she can see no matter where I am.

"Also and guys." I got there attention.

"I saw her before she teleported away. And she Ara Ara'd me." I said as my nose blesses profusely."

"You lucky son of a gun! We gotta celebrate this back at the bar!" Jack said lifting us up and carrying us back to the boat.

"Let's go!" Y/n said steering the boat out of the harbor and into the sea.

I walked to the front of the boat breathing in the sea air. For the first I shouted in pure defiance.

"Take that Raynare! I'm not your slave anymore!" I roared in the open sea.