twelve

Daniel opens the front door of Eben's apartment without bothering to knock.
"This house looks huge!" an excited voice shouts into the blonde's ear.
"Corbyn shush my ear just died" he retorts and squeezes Corbyn's thigh making the boy on his back squeal.

The boys are having a movie night with Eben, Zach, Jonah and Jack as they have become a close group of six.
When Daniel enters the house with Corbyn, the four are already sitting on Eben's couch laughing about something.

"Look the lovebirds arrived!" Zach shouts when noticing the two.
"You didn't tell me you are finally dating" Jonah scoffs and frowns. Corbyn blushes and raises his hands. "We are not Jo!"

"It's about time" the four mutter, making Daniel redden as well as he carefully drops Corbyn onto the couch.

"Sorry we are a bit late by the way" the brunette chuckles and Daniel snorts.
"Yeah Corb couldn't start his car."
The two have formed a special bond which now includes playful teasing as they have started to feel more comfortable around each other.

"Stop flirting you two and let's pick the movie" Jack talks impatiently, feeling hopelessly single.
"A scary movie!" Zach jumps up.
"NO" Jonah mutters and hits the boy with a pillow. Eben smirks and throws his arm around Jonah. "I'll protect you."
"StOp FLiRtiNg" Corbyn mocks while laughing with Daniel.

15 minutes later the six have picked their movie, which ended up being some horror movie despite Jonah's complaints, and settled on the big couch comfortably with their snacks. At the left there're Daniel and Corbyn, next to them Eben and Jonah close to each other and in the very right the two literal kids who cannot even focus on the movie.

Just when there's a jumpscare coming, Zach suddenly throws his head back to laugh at something Jack whispered which obviously made the already scared Jonah jump onto Eben's lap.
"Goddamn it Zach shut up" Jonah growls while all the others are dying in laughter.

An hour into the movie Corbyn looks at Daniel on his right and leans in to whisper
"I'm a lil scared Dani."
The blonde turns his gaze to the other and gives him an empathetic smile before pulling the boy closer. Corbyn smiles when Daniel leaves his arm around his waist.

After what felt like eternity to Jonah the 'The end' text appears on the screen.
"I made it!" he cheers to himself. Jack smirks at him "Never thought you would become a softie like that around Eben. Why aren't you like this with me?"
Jonah looks at Eben and grins.
"Eben is nicer."

The curly haired boy fake-pouts and throws his hands.
"Wow I lost my best bro. Who now gives me hugs?!"
In a blink of eye Zach has already jumped on top of Jack to pull him into a tight hug.
"I will, Jacky!"

Corbyn chuckles with Daniel whose lap he's seated on. "Our friends are great."
Daniel pecks Corbyn's cheek and smiles.
"I totally agree Corb."

•••••••

Corbyn and Daniel decided to go home for the night so around 11 they have said goodbyes to their friends and entered the brunette's car.
"Seems like it's a clear night. The stars are coming out" Corbyn talks while driving down the empty streets.
"That's cool. You wanna go stargazing for a bit?" Daniel suggests and smirks at Corbyn's huge smile.

Soon the two arrive on a small cliff near the beach they were on earlier.
"This is great! You can literally see the whole sky!" Corbyn shouts all excited while jumping out of his car.
"And the moon is so pretty!"
"You really do like stars I see" the blonde chuckles and exits the car as well to follow Corbyn.
The smaller nods and smiles while sitting down and placing himself between Daniel legs, only to feel the other place his hands on his hips.

Daniel enjoys having the boy so close to him. He can't really focus on the lecture Corbyn gives him about the constellations as his mind wanders constantly to the brunette.
"You are really quiet. Are you even listening" Corbyn suddenly turns to look over his shoulder, only to meet Daniel's blue eyes intensively staring at him. He quickly snaps out of it and apologizes blushing.

"Sorry Corb, I just- I couldn't focus because.. you were in my mind" he mutters and feels suddenly shy and exposed in front of Corbyn.
The brunette feels his face heat up and warmth take over his soul. He turns around to sit facing Daniel before he lifts the blushing boy's chin.

He admires Daniel's moon lit face and suddenly feels a memory pop into his mind from a night a few weeks back.
'It was that dream. This is almost like it. It felt so real and now it really is happening.'

He lowers his hands onto the blonde's shoulders who just looks at Corbyn silently, waiting for something to happen. He nearly passes out when the boy opens his mouth to say "Dani you are so beautiful."

It's a whisper, as if talking too loud would break their magical moment. Although they didn't think it could get any better, it did. Corbyn leaned closer and this time there weren't any inches between their faces as their lips collided.

Daniel felt like in heaven. It was a thousand times heavenlier moment than when Corbyn sang to him. 'Now I really must be either dead or having a dream.'
Corbyn's stomach swarmed with butterflies and he swore he could switch his butterfly friends to this feeling.

Daniel's hands settled on the other's lower back as he kissed back, continuing their kiss. The bliss of their lips moving perfectly in sync with the other's was something they had never experienced before. It felt very romantic.
So was the sight of the two boys, shy but brave, having their first kiss under the sky full of bright stars.

"Wow" Daniel manages to mutter against Corbyn's lips before gently pulling away. He can't stop thinking through the moment they just had.
"Yeah, wow" the brunette chuckles.

They soon decide to leave as it's getting late and dark.Before they know it, Corbyn pulls up in front of Daniel's house to drop him home. Not to mention the brunette had his hand on the boy's thigh the whole drive.

"I had fun tonight" Daniel talks with a smile while unbuckling his seatbelt.
"Me too. Wanna go to the flower field tomorrow?" Corbyn asks and grabs a hold of the boy's hand.

'So confident yet so shy and adorable.'

"Gladly, Corbs" the blonde nods before leaning to hug the boy on the driver's seat. With a sweet kiss on Daniel's pink lips Corbyn whispers "good night".

They both unconsciously touch their lips after leaving, still feeling the tingled and never wanting it to wear off.

// here y'all go with a new chap :) hope you enjoyed that they FINALLY kissed ;)