one

Colorful-winged insects fly freely around the just as colorful flowers, being watched by a brunette boy. Corbyn's favorite creatures.

The boy has found his usual spot in the middle of a messy field full of flowers. He spends a few hours there nearly every day, just by observing butterflies and plants, sometimes journaling or reading too. And he wouldn't have it any other way. It's his own, safe and secret place.

•••••••

In the meanwhile there's a certain tall blonde nearing the field, only not feeling as peaceful. Quite the opposite actually.
"I have tons of homework for tomorrow.. Oh and that dumb essay is due tomorrow as well. And I have to start the new project and I don't even have the topic figured out yet"
Daniel feels hot tears burning behind his blue eyes. He's totally burned out and stressed. The evening is pretty and he knows he would love the view if his mind was clear. That's the goal for his short walk, to clear his mind and focus on the nature around him.

Not having payed attention to where he's walking, he is soon met with a beautiful view. He's watching from an edge of a flower field that has overgrown grass and lots of different wildflowers, the sky slowly turning orange and getting ready to set.

Suddenly he notices something among the flowers. Or more likely, someone.
Daniel starts taking careful steps through the field, moving some daisies aside to get closer to the person. He doesn't even know why he's going over to some stranger. It just feels right at that moment.

Finally the figure comes clear in Daniel's sight. There's a boy, around his age, with brunette hair and a baggy outfit.
As he walks closer, the brunette soon hears steps and turns around with a surprised expression on his face.

"Hi" Daniel says shyly as their gazes meet.
"Hey, who are you?"
"I'm Daniel. And you are?"
"Corbyn. What are you doing here? I never see anyone on this field" he softly talks, for once having taken his eyes off of the insects.

"I felt anxious. Have too much to do for college. Needed some peace" the blonde mumbles without really answering why he's in the middle of the field next to the other boy. A very cute boy to be exact.
Corbyn studies Daniel with a frown on his face, feeling empathy towards the clearly smart and hardworking boy. Maybe he could share his passion with this attractive blonde.

"Do you wanna watch butterflies with me?"

// the first chapter is here! it was short but the following ones will be longer💙