Chapter 13 - The Mentor and the Student

February 15, 2025

07:00:00 am

Monday

Azur Lane Airfield

Maverick, together with Enterprise are now about to board a Boeing 737 jet that was immediately sent from Pearl Harbor. It was one of the requests of the former hotshot pilot. And that is to have his own personal transport plane that will immediately take him to any destination. Maverick decides to leave a few instructions before leaving for the United States.

Maverick: Vice Commander Wales I want you to maintain peace and order in this base. After that you must schedule a weekly fleet readiness drill. If you know any ship girl other than the Royal Navy Maid Corp. Please tell them to clean my office everyday. Including my house.

Wales: Noted sir. How long will you and Enterprise stay in the US sir?

Maverick: About a week or two. I just hope that the person I am going to see is not busy once we get there. Anyways take care Miss Wales. (Salutes Prince of Wales.)

Wales: I see. Take care also sir. (Salutes Maverick in return.)

Maverick and Enterprise are now boarding the Boeing 737. He is also assigned his own personal security escorts to make sure that no one tries to assassinate him and his secretary and maid. The pilot taxis the jet to the runway and begins to take off.

As soon as they are in the air, Maverick decides to go to sleep. Enterprise decides to wake him up a little and ask him about the trip.

Enterprise: Uh..... Commander..... Sorry for disturbing your sleep. But..... Do you have a minute?

Maverick: Unnnnnnnnnnh..... What is it Entey?

Enterprise: Pardon me commander. I'm sorry to disturb your sleep. But what is our purpose for going to Washington DC?

Maverick: I'm going to see the Secretary of Defense.

Enterprise: Is there a problem with regards to our base sir?

Maverick: Unfortunately Entey..... There is a problem with the base.

Enterprise: What is it sir?

Maverick: Lack of adequate anti-aircraft defenses. As well as anti-ship defenses.

Enterprise: But aren't we ship girls adequate enough to take on the enemy?

Maverick: Like I told Vice Commander Wales before. You ship girls move fast on the water. But when it comes to ground and aerial combat. You're all slowed down by your riggings.

Enterprise: I see. Enjoy your sleep commander. I won't disturb you again.

Maverick: Thank you Entey.

As Maverick goes back to sleep. Enterprise looks out the window and sees how beautiful the night sky is from a view in the air. She smiles as she goes to sleep as well. In her mind she is very happy to be sitting beside the hotshot pilot. As she looks at the base commander. Enterprise sees that he is really a spitting image of Sly Fox. Moments later she falls asleep on the shoulder of Maverick.

Time Skip:

Henderson Naval Airbase Washington DC

Saturday