Chapter 9: A Whole Lot of Crazy

Ronald's pov

"Huhh" I breathed in. The water? Oh no, the girl.

I tried pulling the little girl up with me on the deck, the water was really deep.

"Oh, thank god!" I heard Hermione's voice say, she was covered in water too.

I was dabbed with a towel instantly. I recognized the crowds cheering around him. Oh, this was the task! Now everything made sense. Mcgonagall should have atleast told them they were going to be in the lake all night.

"Where's Harry?" Neville asked coming into view.

"You mean he isn't here!" I exclaimed, surprised and scared. Should I go and search for him?

Thankfully, before I could continue my thought, he sprinted out of the water and fell in front of me, right on the deck.

Everything was still blurry, I remember Fleur kissing me on the cheek though and thanking me and Harry. All of us were sent to the hospital wing for a check.

Apparently Harry had selflessly saved two people instead of one and got second place. It was a good day except for the potions he had to take in the hospital wing. Yikes those are gross.

Harry's pov. (Some time skip)

"Harry? Are you alright, you look really pale. Did something happen?"
Hermione asked as she spotted Harry entering the common room.

It was late at night, so only four other people were sat in the common room.

"No." Harry replied, sitting down on the couch beside us.

"Barty- Barty Crouch, he is dead or was killed, something happened, I'm not sure. He was in the middle of the forest, Hagrid and I found him."

"I went to Dumbledore's Office, heard them talking about something. They found out I was there and stopped. Although I did look into a memory of Dumbledore's in a pensive. Barty Crouch's son, he was a secret death eater, Igor Karkaroff was there too he was the one who announced it. Barty Crouch disowned him the minute he found out, which was in the middle of the court. His name was I think Barty Crouch Junior, he seemed to be a bit mad. He was taken to Azkaban immediately."

"That was a memory of Dumbledore?" Mione gasped.

Ron seemed to be paled.

"I think it was Dumbledore's memory from the first wizarding war, after Voldemort was defeated."

"Wait a minute, I think I had read something about Barty Crouch Jr. somewhere!" Hermione rushed out of the common room, leaving Harry to Ron.

The common was clearing up by now.

"Mate, I'm so sorry." Ron kneeled in front of him. Looking at him with concern and pity.

"I'm going to be alright, it's okay. But I don't know what's going to happen next."

"Oh Harry." Ron hugged him tightly.

"Come on, let's go. You need to have a good sleep for tomorrow."

Harry's pov

It was 2am, I kept tossing and turning in my bed. The minute I closed my eyes, I had one of my stupid nightmares. The others were snoring peacefully, I could see a bit of Ron's peaceful face beside me.

I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon, so I decided to take a stroll. Grabbing my invisibility cloak and map, I headed out.

One place I always went to when I was feeling this way was the Astronomy Tower. It was beautiful at night without any students or noise. He would hear a pin drop, what happened today was really fast and unexpected. Sirius and Remus will want to hear about it, and I need to tell them about Ron.

They already knew about my crush. Was it that obvious?