Chapter 6: Dark Halls and Snow Falls

Ron's pov

The Yule Ball was today. He was a mess, he hated his dress robes.

Why did mum always send him something like this, when Fred and George got normal ones and Ginny a pretty pink suit.

That's when he remembered, he was a wizard!!

He tried to transfigure his robes and he did. They were a pretty blue, reckon they'd look good on him. He wanted to see how Harry would react to it, but would he even react. I mean we are just going as friends, right...I mean of course.

♧♡♥︎♡♧

Harry's pov

Where was Ron? He's late.

"Mr. Potter? Mr.Potter, are you ready?

Who's your date?"

"Uh its R-Ron." He stuttered to Mcgonagall who gave him an amused then a secretive knowing look to Hermione, who chuckled.

She and Victor Krum were arm and arm behind Harry.

"Well, Mr. Krum and Ms. Granger can follow me and you come when Mr.Weasley is ready, for the champions dance.

"Im sorry, what?? Champions dance?" I asked.

"OF COURSE, it's tradition for the three champions, well in this case four, to start the dance." She replied and pulled Mione out with her.

Did Ronald bail on me- oh my god.

He was coming down from the stairs and wait where did he get that suit, what happened to the dress robes?

Oh no, oh no he's looking at me. Stay calm, stay calm. I'm pretty sure I look flustered right now.

"Hi, he waved at me."

"Hi!" I said a little to loud.

"We have this first dance thing that we have to do." I said. " I mean I understand if you don't want to, I can just tell Mcgonagall to not let me." I knew he wasn't the best at dancing.

His ears had turned pink, I loved when they did. It made him look kind of cute. No Harry, not right now.

But the same thing was going inside Ron's head and before he could stop himself he agreed to the dance.

< • • • >

Ron's pov

Yes, this is brilliant. Just as Filch put on the music the lights went off, we were practically standing in pitch darkness. What were they going to do now?

"Sudents, students! Don't worry, we are sorting this out." Dumbledore's voice boomed through the hall.

Five minutes and it still didn't work, maybe luck was on his side tonight. He won't have to make a fool of himself in front of Harry, he couldn't really care less about about crowd watching him.

He'd never seen Harry in something as formal as a suit and he...looked...good....

He had no idea what was happening, in his first and second year Harry was just Harry but something....changed last year. He couldn't stop thinking about Harry.

It made him feel comfortable among all the craziness that was happening. He was there for him more than anyone ever had been, he even felt like his family had forgotten him once but forgot all about that when Harry was there.

"Hey, hey Ron!" Harry whispered tugging my hand. "Come on."

Harry started pulling me away from the Great Hall and students.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.

"You'll see."

He pulled me into the court yard. It was snowing, the poles and trees were decorated dim golden fairy lights.

Even though there were no lights in the Great Hall, the music was still going on. The courtyard was almost deserted, it looked perfect..

Right now a muggle song named- Can't Help Falling in love with you ; had started playing.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in

Harry took one of my hands and gestured for me to put my other hand on his waist.

But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin

We started moving to the song moving me along too

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
you...