Chapter 8: Boys

THE second task was coming closer by the day. It was safe enough to say that Harry was losing his patience with the golden egg. Well, more like Hermione was making him lose it, sometimes she could be more stressed about the Tournament than Harry.

Reretil the library, rying to figure out the clue for the second task.

Hermione's pov

"So that's it? That's the clue? It's pretty obvious that the task is in the black lake, something precious will be stolen from you, and you'll have to find it in under one hour." I said pacing back and forth.

"But we'll need something to keep you underwater for that long, is there like a mermaid tail potion or something?" Ron asked groggily.

"I..don't.....know" I said looking down because this wasn't me, I usually knew everything.

"It's okay Mione." They tried to assure me.

"But it's not, you have one day to figure this out, or you'll literally die, Harry, die!!" I snapped, shaking Ronald who had fallen asleep again.

Just as I was going to go search for something more helpful, Professor Moody and Neville came in.

"Professor Mcgonagall wants to see you, not you Potter, just Weasley and Granger."

"But the tasks in a few hours and-

"Exactly! Presumably, Potter is prepared by now and needs a good night's sleep."

"Longbottom help Harry."

<○~○>

Ron and I were walking through the corridors, this was the first time I was alone with him since the Yule Ball.

The two boys were never alone togather and always with her or someone else.

"So... Ronald are you going to tell me what had actually happened on the night of the Yule Ball?"

"What are you talking about, nothing happened!"

"Really! I see the looks you give to eachother. Everyone does!"

"Everyone?"

"Yes, everyone! Now, will you please tell me!"

"Fine, we kissed!" He blurted out, frustrated.

"Oh my god." Mione slapping a hand on her mouth.

"How did that happen?"

"We were dancing in the courtyard and it just did."

"Are you dating?"

"No."

"What! Why?"

"He ran away after we kissed"

"Oh..." She replied.

"How did you even manage to ignore eachother for so long!? Don't you share a dorm? Have you never talked about it?"

"No..." I replied, shocked that we actually managed to do that for so long.

"Boys." Hermione muttered unbelievably.

They soon reached Mcgonagall's office, where they were informed about the second task. That was the last thing they remembered before slipping into darkness.