21

Steve and Rose step into the conference room. They stay in silence for a few minutes until she finally decides to speak up.

"What did you want to talk about Steve?"

"Rose, I'm sorry for leaving. I just think I should've been told," Steve says as he crosses his arms.

"You didn't just leave, you abandoned me during a time I needed a friend. So no you shouldn't have been told. This was the only decision I was able to make, I didn't want you to know until I wanted you to know," Rose says.

"I get it. You're upset, but understand I made a mistake leaving you. I shouldn't have left. Please let's work this out, I love you."

"But you did leave and there's nothing to work out Steve. You made the decision to leave months ago, now stick to it. I've moved on."

Steve takes a couple steps closer, a little to close to her liking. His face just a few inches away from her, "Rose, did you really move on? Are you telling me you don't miss me? I know you still have feelings for me."

Rose places her hand on Steve's chest. Steve is about to place his hand on top of hers but she focuses her energy and gently pushes him back, forcing him to take a couple steps back.

"I moved on with someone else Steve. What we started was a mistake Steve. We both know it. If I didn't say those words back then I sure as hell won't say it now."

Rose starts to walk away, hoping the conversation is over and that he understands that it's completely over.

"Who is it? Thor? Sam? Bucky? Remember Rose, they called me and brought me here. They left you too. If they cared like I do they'd be fighting for you. At least I'm trying too."

"It's not any of your goddamn business who I moved on with Steve! They made the decision because they thought that you were what I wanted but you're not! They wanted to see me happy! Unlike you, you left me for the best interest for YOURSELF. They choose to let me go. It was the stupidest choice on their part because THEY MADE ME HAPPY! I have to go Steve," Rose says as begins to walk away again.

"Rose, please. I'm sorry, let's fix us. You love me, I know it!"

"Get over yourself Steve....look I just want you to move on. I do want you to be happy with someone who does love you. Sharon loves you, I'm sure. I'm sure she'll make you happy. Just please move on because I have," Rose says

Rose walks out but she doesn't notice Bucky standing there. He continues to stare at her as she walks away. He begins to feel empty with each step she takes. Her words ringing in his head, regretting his decision on telling Sam that he agreed.

Rose heads inside her room and finishes to pack a few changes of clothes. She doesn't plan to move out forever just for a little while. She just wants time to think. As she's finishing up her last bag, Sam comes into the room.

"I know you don't want to see me or talk to me."

"You're right, I don't want to talk to you right now."

"That's fine because all you have to do is listen to me," Sam says softly.

"Rose I want to apologize about this whole thing. I'm sorry for breaking that promise I made. I had no right in telling Steve without going to you first. We all love you here Rose. Please, rethink about leaving. Don't leave, I didn't think it get to the point where you'd leave."

Rose sighs and she sits at the end of her bed, she didn't have the energy to be upset right now. It was taking all her energy to not breakdown about Bucky, not here at least. She lets out a deep sigh.