Chapter Thirteen

Ian's POV

I wake up in a un familiar bed, and I look around to see everything around me has changed. This isn't my house, I am in someone else's house, and then the thoughts of last night start hitting me like a train. You weren't supposed to kiss her Ian, you were here to talk to her as friends. This was supposed to be PG, and now the damage is done. She probably thinks I came her to kiss and sleep with her.

I look around, finding no one in sight. Where is she? Is she ok? My protective instinct arises, and I desperately try looking around for her. No she isn't here. She is gone. What this is her house, where is she?

I call her, why isn't she picking up? Thousands of thoughts arising, the logically part of me saying she is ok but then the part that cares for her is jumping to the worst conclusions.

30 mins of torture and I decide this is enough, I am going to call the police. I know this is extra, but I have called her 10 times and she hasn't picked up. She has to be ok, she will be ok I tell myself.  My phone rings and I silently pray that its Nina. 

But to my surprise it's Nikki, my wife... ex wife. 

"Hey..." I say awkwardly

"I uh have some your clothes in the house, so I just called so that you can pick them up." She says quickly. 

"Yea.. sure I will pick them up. Is that all?" Hopefully I didn't sound annoyed, but the thought that Nina hasn't responded still bugs me.

"No... I mean (pause) Nina came to talk to me today. She told me that you went to her house. I know that I don't have a right over what you do anymore but I am hurt. Very hurt." 

"What! Nikki... I am sorry-" She cuts me off

"No Ian I know I have no right over what you do with your life anymore. Just I wish that you told the truth when we were together. You told me you didn't love her anymore. Was what we had a lie, that is all I need to know." 

Now I am fuming, Nina had no right to talk to her. She is... was my wife and I was going to tell her eventually. How fucking dare she? Is that why she didn't answer my calls? Talk to Nikki first then deal with Nina I tell myself. 

"Nikki I loved you, I still do. It's just-"

"You love her more." She says quietly, heartbreak evident in her voice. 

"Nik, I care about you. You are the mother of my child and a woman who loved me when I was going through such a tough time. I care about you a lot... I really wish we can be friends."

"Yea.. of course." She says quietly

"Thank you. Have a good day Nik." I say with as much happiness that I can muster.

"Bye" She replies and the conversation ends just like that.

I am going to wait until Nina comes back, now that I know where she was all this time.

*******

I hear the door rattling and a dark figure finally steps inside the house. 

"Nina?" I question

She screams almost ready to kill me with her purse.

"Oh my god Ian... what are you still doing here?" 

"Where were you?" I ask, ignoring her question

"I had work to do Ian... and also I might of did something that you may not like. But before I tell you, you need to promise me that you won't get mad." 

Oh so she is talking about the fact that she told Nikki. I decide to pretend like I don't know just to see what she will say.

I nod to signal her to keep talking.