Chapter Five

Nina's POV

I look in the mirror, I am wearing a long, beautiful blue gown with gems at the bottom. The blue dress reminds me of the time Elena wore it to the miss mystic falls dance. I can't remember when exactly that was, but I loved the way it looked on me. This dress that I am wearing today is a similar blue to that one, except it is less plain. 

I check the time and it's almost time for me to leave. I walk out of Joe's dressing room to wear my shoes and leave. As I open the door, I see Shaun walking up the stairs to the house.

"You look beautiful." He whispers not once taking his eyes of me

"Thankyou. You don't look bad yourself." I feel my cheeks getting hot, so I quickly walk towards the car as my driver was already waiting for me. 

It still feels so surreal that I have a driver that takes me to events, this all still feels like a dream.

*While Nina and Shaun are going to the gala*

Ian's POV 

Once I get home from Nina's house, I find a tux for me to wear. I didn't really get a chance to call anyone for advice, so I just find something that seems to look good. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think I look good enough to leave. As I was about to open the door I hear my phone ring. Damn it, I think to myself I am going to run late to the event. 

I search to find my phone in my house, after what seemed like forever I finally found it. I was surprised to realize Nikki is the one who was calling me. 

"Hi" I say, unsure of what else to say.

"I see you got back with Nina. I didn't realize that you would go back to your ex, I thought we were just on break. I guess not." She sounded disappointed and hurt.

"Huh, no I didn't. Why would you even think that? We are still married to each other." I reply with confusion.

"There are paparazzi pictures of you going to Nina's house and they took pictures you two hugging each other and smiling." This time she sounded like she wanted to cry and if she kept going she would.

"Nikki, listen to me. I just went to meet her because I missed her as a FRIEND. Nothing else, plus she has a boyfriend now." 

"Oh. Well today is your turn to take care of Bodhi so I will bring her over in a few." She replied not saying anything about what I said earlier. I mean she still is my wife, but if this continues I don't know how long our marriage would last.

"Nikki I am sorry I can't take care of her today. I am invited to a Met Gala right now, I am actually driving while talking to you. I will take her two days in a row if you want."

"Ok." Is all she replies and hangs up. I know that she is mad at me, but I don't know what to think. It was her idea to take a break after all. 

*At the Met Gala*

Shaun's POV

I walk in with the most good looking woman there. I truly love her with all my heart and I adore every part of her. Her ability to make me smile, and her personality, and her beauty she truly is a great person. Multiple people walk in to say hi to us, and we talk to them and meet them. As I am socializing, I notice Ian walk in, he comes in alone . 

He walks up to Nina and I, I am not sure what to do so I decide to just get Nina and I a drink leaving Ian and Nina alone to talk. I am not sure if what I did was the right thing to do but I didn't want to recreate the awkwardness from earlier today.

Ian's POV

I go up to Nina and her boyfriend, I don't know it's just instinct I guess. I seem to have made Shaun a bit uncomfortable as he immediately leaves as he notices me coming. I am obviously not here to get together with my ex. I internally laugh. 

"Hi" Nina says breaking me from my weird thoughts.

"Hey. And we meet again, wow twice a day I must be very lucky." Woah, did I just flirt with her, what is wrong with me.

She chuckles and then replies "Yea, very lucky. Where is Nikki? I don't see her anywhere?"

Damn it, just the question I was dreading to answer. Why can't I tell her that me and her are on break, I have no idea.

"Uhh, she was sick so she couldn't come." I lie to her, avoiding to look her into the eyes.

I thought she would realize I am lying but she doesn't. 

"Aw, I hope she feels better soon [awkward silence] I am going to go meet some new people ok. We should meet more often." 

"Yea we should."

And pretty much the rest of night goes well, I spend time talking to Paul who is basically like my brother. I tell him about Nikki and I's current relationship status and he just listens. I needed someone to talk about my emotions with and he seems like the perfect person to share. After talking to Paul I feel much lighter. 

As I drive home, I find myself thinking about how great this day was. I got to meet Nina after years of not even talking. I realize how much I missed her.

I go home and I see Nikki at the door waiting for me. 

"Come." She orders without even letting me ask her why she is home. She takes me to the couch and makes me sit.

She sits on my lap and starts aggressively kissing me, I kiss her back and soon things start to get heated. 

*1 hour later*

"That was fun!" She says, that's the first thing she has said to me since I came home.

I don't reply for a while, it was fun but I wanted to know where we stand as a couple. 

"Nikki. I love you a lot, I really do. But if we continue to be on break I don't know how much longer I can do this marriage thing. We really need to talk."

"Ian... how could you say this. We are on break because of our daughter, for her well being. It's not because we stopped loving each other, or anything has changed."

"Well it has changed."

"What do you mean? What has changed? Nothing is different Ian, nothing changed. We still love each other right?" She sounded desperate

"I don't know." I honestly don't know why I said that. I know I still love her but I am just so tired of everything right now.

I see her getting up, not saying a word. She gathers her stuff and leaves the house. I just don't  care about anything anymore. 

(A/N)(((This is the chapter guys. Hopefully you guys like it. I will do Nikki's POV in the next chapter, because I haven't really done her side of the story yet. One more time, I would like to say that there is no hate towards Nina and Shaun or Ian and Nikki. I am happy that they have found someone that makes them happy. This is just for fictional purposes only. Thanks for reading. :)