Chapter Four

Nina's POV

What? How is he here right now? All these questions going on inside my head, but for some reason I was happy. I was happy that I can see Ian, after almost 4 years of not seeing each other. I am glad that I can meet my friend again. I smile at the thought and rush down the stairs to where he was sitting with Shaun.

"HI!!" I scream with a great deal of enthusiasm 

"HEYY! How are you Nina?" He replies as he comes over to give me a hug.

"I am doing great! It is so nice to see you after all these years. Have to admit you do look a bit.... hmmm what's the word....oLd!!!" I reply while laughing, trying subtly  go back to the same relationship we had as friends.

"Ouch. Hey, not my fault I can't use those anti-aging creams you ladies use."

I laugh at his statement. I notice that he sounds different then the last time we met, more free. Maybe it's just me, I haven't seen him in so long he was bound to act different.

Shaun's POV

I watch as Nina talks to him, she laughs and jokes with him as if they never stopped talking for all these years. I notice that she looks at me staring and so I immediately look away, I don't want her to think I am jealous because I am not. I trust that she wouldn't do anything that would hurt me. After all they have been broken up for 7 years now; Ian also has a wife and a child. Nothing to be insecure about I tell myself.

I realize that I have been lost in my thoughts for too long. I don't want them to seem like I am not ok with this entire thing of Ian coming. Although, I am confused why he came. My thoughts are interrupted when Nina asks me if I am ok. I must have seemed sad or worried.

"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be? I just didn't want to interrupt you two catching up after such a long time."

"Thanks man, hopefully you are ok with me just showing up at the house unannounced. I wanted to give Nina a call, but I didn't really know if she had the same number. So I decided to just knock." Ian says with sincerity.

"Hahaha, I don't mind at all. After all it is Nina's house. I mean I am just happy to finally meet you, I have heard some amazing things about your work." I reply quite honestly, I watched his acting and I was so amazed.

"Thanks, I just give it my all and hope things work out. Sometimes they do." He says, while giving a quick glance at Nina and I notice she looks away.

I just force a smile.

"I am going to let you two talk! I just realized that I have to go train for my snowboarding competition." I lie at this part, because as much as I don't want this to be awkward. I don't know what else to say.

"Wait..." She says, and I turn around hoping that she didn't catch me red handed. 

"I forgot to tell you the details of the Met Gala tonight, it's at 7:30 pm. Show up in a tux." She gives me a quick peck on the lips and wishes me good luck for practice.

I smile after I leave her house, although I don't really have practice I need to find a suite for tonight. I can't wait to go out with the most beautiful and perfect woman in existence. What did I do to deserve her? 

At Nina's house

Ian's POV

I notice as she gives Shaun a kiss and gives her the details of the gala tonight. Fuck! I was invited too, but with Nikki and I on break I have no one to go with. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck I think to myself. 

"You ok?" She asks me with worry in her eyes. Wow, I missed her looking at me like that. No! I can't think like that she has a boyfriend and I still have a wife, which I love to the moon and back.

"Yea... I am. Sorry I just forgot about the gala tonight, and I am so glad you reminded me because I would have just not went. And well thankyou for reminding me. I should probably get going because you need to get ready, and so do I." I tried not to make this too awkward, now that it's just the two of us but it did come out a little bit weirdly.

"Oh right! Well good luck getting ready, I mean since you did forget about the entire event. How irresponsible of you!" She giggles and all of sudden the awkwardness goes away. I love that she is able to do that.

"It was really nice seeing you Nina! Good luck getting ready, not that you need it but yea. I don't know what else to say, so I am going to leave now." I notice her blush a little bit, and then gives me a quick smile before replying.

"Bye Ian." She says as she opens the door to let me out.

"Bye Nina." I reply 

(A/N) Well they 'reunite' I guess. I really didn't want anyone to be "bad" in this fanfic; because in reality they all are amazing people. I am trying to stick to reality, because I haven't really seen many close to reality fanfics out there. I am trying to update each week Sunday, hopefully I can maintain that with my new semester starting soon. Anyways, I had to rewrite this chapter at least three times, to get it the way it is right now. Hopefully, you guys like it because I think I do. If anyone has any ideas to the plot; please let me know. That's it for now. Have a great day/night.