Chapter Eight

Ian's POV

I wanted to call Nina, see how she is doing. I try calling her, but she doesn't pick up. One part of me tells me to keep going with my life and not call her again, while the other part of me tells me to keep calling her until she picks up. I know I can't feel this, but I decide to call her again anyway. 

After what seems like forever, she picks up. I don't know why, but I feel scared afraid of what she might say. My heart starts beating loudly inside my body, and no one's ever had that effect on me other than Nina. Every day we were together I felt nervous, it was like my skin was on fire and palms would get sweaty. But that feeling felt so good, just reminiscing about it makes me want to go back in the past. One word, the past brings me back to the phone call and reality. 

She starts speaking without even giving me a chance to say anything.

"Look Ian, I honestly don't care if you are married or not. Or if you lied to me these past few days or not, because well we aren't that close anymore for me to care. But please, give my boyfriend and I our own space and stop being that ex. Just leave us alone, and enjoy your life." And she hangs up. 

I don't know what to do, this was not Nina she wasn't like this. She is the one who wanted us to be friends after we broke up, this is not her. Well this wasn't her, I guess we all change. As much as I try thinking about it from her perspective, I feel devastated and it feels like we broke up all over again. GOD IAN, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST MOVE ON. SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU! Before I know it, tears start streaming down my face and I have no control over them. When did my life get so freaking messed up.

I heard someone open the door, and I see Nikki walk in. What is she doing here? 

"Ian.... baby, are you ok?" She says with concern in her eyes. What why would she even ask me that, and then I remember I was crying.

"Uh yea... I was just thinking how quickly my life got messed up." 

"Our life." She says, and I look at her confused. Did she think that I was crying about her, when in reality I was crying about my ex of seven years. Even the thought of that makes me want to punch everyone and everything I have ever seen.

"Yea... our life" I don't want to say anything that will make anything worse. 

"I came here to ask you if you want to move back together? Bodhi is doing much better now, and I think she misses both her parents at once." She unsurely says, worried too much of what my answer would be.

I don't want to live with Nikki when I am thinking about Nina and I's prior relationship. But I am a dad, it's more then just me thinking about myself, I have a daughter that I need to put before me.

"Uhh yea. Sure." I say trying my best to not make it sound like I don't want to come

She smiles widely.

"Ok, I know Bodhi will be very happy. Pack your bags! Can you move back to the house tomorrow?"

I just nod. Once she leaves I sit back on the floor not sure what else I should do.

Nina's POV

Shaun picks me up bridal style and takes me to where he made breakfast again. Second time this week, I feel so bad that I haven't been focusing on our relationship much. He looks at me and asks me to try it. I smile and eat what he has made for me. 

"Thank you! You really didn't have to again." I say as I kiss him on the lips.

Shaun and I hang out for a while, and then he has to go to practice. I ask him if he wants me to come, but he said it was fine.

Out of nowhere, I start feeling bad about saying what I said to Ian. I don't know why I am feeling sympathy for a man, that I promised myself I would never think about. However, what I said yesterday crossed my morals in many ways. I would have never said these things, it was just a moment of weakness and Ian had to deal with it. I wouldn't blame him for being confused why I said these things. So I decide to text him, afraid that calling would be to nerve wracking.

Nina's Text to Ian

Hi Ian, I am sorry what I said to you when you called earlier. I hope that there is no harsh feelings, I was just having a bad day. - Sent 2:55 pm

Hey... np no hard feelings. - Sent 3:15 pm

He totally hates me, the text was so dry and honestly it doesn't even sound like he means it. What happens next surprises me, he gives me a call again.  I know it is wrong for me to want this, but I answer without even thinking.

"Hey... Nina" He nervously says

For some reason my heart is thumping and I don't know why I am feeling this jittery.

"Hi Ian, I ... I am sorry for what I said to you that day. It was just that I was having all these thoughts that I didn't really think before I said these things. I hope you know that what I said, I didn't really mean much of it."

There was long pause, a silence that was very unsettling. I didn't know what to do or say, why is he not saying anything

"I love you Nina." He whispers almost so quietly that I couldn't hear him. 

((((A/N - All I can say is stay tuned for the next chapter!  Also thank you for giving this story 1.1k reads, I would have never thought anyone would read this. Lots of love, and I hope you have a great day or night. :)))