5 | My dearest, most beloved

"Their names are Tommy and Wilbur, both grew up under the wings of Philza. Metaphorical and physical wings, in fact, Philza was a surprisingly good father who also took care of Tubbo, an abandoned ram-hybrid", began Herobrine, "but we are not here to discuss Philza as he is immortal and will never come across us. My point is, both of these boys will never go to the Aether. As generous as they may be, wonderful or agreeable...whatever happens, they will always come to me, in the Limbo. The Purgatory."

Her hands were shaking, the sole mention of Philza already angering her. In addition to the damp air of the Limbo, or as many Overworldians called it, The Afterlife. Currently void of anyone, the Afterlife is known to be a personalized experience for every inhabitant it holds. But to an outsider, it was only darkness and quiet screams. Red eyes and deep brown mud, quicksand encasting your feet and dragging you to your demise. Right now, despite her appreciation of Herobrine, her priority was to leave.

"I understand... They must be important to the lore. It's probably why Philza adopted them, he's always been an opportunist."

"Philza is Wilbur's real father. He had him 30 years ago with a woman named Kristen, who tragically died afterwards", corrected Herobrine while opening a portal to the Aether, "You must get rid of that hatred, Eden, it's unbecoming of a Realm Ruler."

"But it's not unjustified. Goodbye, Herobrine" she replied sharply

"Try to visit Reine, hm ? She's been alone for more than fifteen years now, and stricken with grief."

She spawned in the middle of a Valkyrie temple, some of them already bowing in front of her.

"Blessed be, Valkyries. Thank you for your hard work."

And as quickly as she came, she left once again.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Ten years ago, a woman came to her in the Court of Judgement for her last trial. She seemed ageless, and walked elegantly. Her small antennae and blond hair attested of her origins : she was a bee-hybrid. From what Lady Eden read on her records, she lost her first life during a village raid. Her second life was lost trying to save a herd of cows from a forest fire. And the last one ?

Childbirth.

"Lady Eden, this is my last request. I don't want to be reborn, and I don't want to live here. Let me become dust, a memory or a souvenir. The only thing I'm asking for, is for a certain package to be delivered and given to my son, Tommy. Mellohi, Cat and Blocks, three discs and most importantly the relics of our family. They carry power, and to own them is a heavy responsibility. However, I trust Tommy and... and I want him to feel loved. I died after giving birth to him, on a cold winter night, leaving him helpless on the snow. The least I could do for him, is to show him that I remember him and that a single day hasn't passed without me thinking of him.

He grew up, and has found a new family that did so much. Way better than what I could have done. He became a strong boy, the strongest biggest boy... my little man. And yet, he's got so much to learn. I have to go, to move on but I want him to keep a part of me. I'll never forget him. My dearest, most beloved son."

And as she spirited away, the discs were put in her son's inventory, ominously staying there. Who would have thought of the impact some simple discs would have on the world ?

Years later, Lady Eden would have to face her son. Watch him go through a grim future, handpicked by a bored Lorist and even more bored Notch. And as she entered her castle, she realised that everything was already set in motion. Herobrine and The Lorist loved to keep things from her, to treat her like a child, and these various mentions of Philza could only mean one thing: she will see him in the near future.

He who lived the life she never got the chance to even taste. He who, alongside their trusted friend, took everything from her and sacrificed her for the "greater good".

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Not a day goes by without you in my mind, (Y/N)", he sighed while holding a small painting, its frayed edges a proof from constant use, "I carry you everywhere I go."

He turned around and faced a wall full of paintings and photographs of her.

His dearest, most beloved (Y/N).

"Everywhere I go."