Sam's Choice

⚠️TW Abuse⚠️
Sam's POV

"What?" Meg said. Six looked at me, knowing exactly what he did. Everyone else was confused. Jake asked," Why was your dad in prison?" I started to shake. Everything stared to be blurry. Next thing I know I black out.

I wake up to being on my bed. Everyone was surrounding me. Meg was the first to ask," Are you okay?" I slowly got up. Jake asked," Why was your dad in Jail?" I took a deep breath," Because he abused us." I looked down. I could feel everyone's shock. Meg hugged me. She's the only one who knew. "It started before we met Zack..."

9 years ago

"Daddy, please." I plead. He had his belt. Mikey had me behind him. "You two are the worst mistake I ever made." He was drunk. My mom didn't know he'd beat us, especially when she's at work. He started hitting us with a belt. I heard my mom," Ricky, what are you doing to our children?" My dad slurred," They ruined my life, you ruined my life." He started beating her. Mikey got pissed. He grabbed the glass vase that had pretty roses in it. He was only a few inches shorter than our dad. He hit him with the vase as hard as he could. He knocked out my dad. My mom grabbed the phone and went to us. "Are you two okay?" I was shaking. She called the police and Mikey tied my dad up before he was conscious. The police came and we told them what happened. My mom hugged Mikey," Thank you Michael." "It's six." I was confused. "I want to be called Six now." My mom nodded and they took my dad away.

"He was supposed to be there for 25 years, but, I guess he got out early." The tears started coming out. They all know that I rarely cry in front of people. Meg hugged me tighter," I'm sorry Sam." Everyone else came and hugged us. We stayed like that for a long time. Finally everyone let go. I looked at my brother," Mom asked me if we wanted to come see him." Six shook his head," No, I can't- I will not see him. And if you're smart, so will you." He walked out  of the room. Zack went after him. I looked at the rest of them," If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone for a while." Jake and V started leaving and Meg reassured," If you need me, I'll be downstairs. I know how hard it was for you." I nodded my head and she left. I grabbed a pillow off my bed and started crying, hard. I felt myself drift off to sleep.

Meghan's POV

Everyone except Sam and Six were downstairs. Jake spoke first after a long time of silence," So, now we know why he likes to be six, but why did he chose that name." I sighed," That's because the only time his father didn't beat them was at 6 when he had to go to work." "How'd you find out Meg?" Zack asked. I sighed again," Sam would always come to my house with bruises on her. After her dad went to jail, I tried to be there for her. She pushed me away but I would always come back. That's why she and I are really close. We see each other as sisters. I just hope she doesn't go to a dark place." I see Sam come down the stairs. She looked directly at me," Meg, can I talk to you?" I nodded and got up. We went to the band room and shut all the doors. "Meg, I know you're gonna be mad but please don't be mad." I think I know where this is going. "You want to go see your dad don't you?" She nodded," I need to see him." I sighed. I knew Six would be mad but if I had time to go see my dad one last time I'd take it. "Okay, but we have to leave without them knowing what we're doing." She nodded. The back door was in the kitchen. Good thing we could access the kitchen from here without being noticed. We quietly walked into the kitchen and ran out of the house. We quickly got in the car and we drove to the airport. We got our tickets and went on the airplane. She grabbed my hand," Thank you, I really need to see my dad." I held her hand and lightly squeezed it. After an hour, we got off the plane and went to where her dad was staying. Her mom gave her the address.
We were looking at a front door. I looked at Sam. She acted calm but she was nervous. The door opened and it was her father. "Samantha, hi." "Hi dad, I want to talk. Can we do it outside? Please?" He nodded. He went outside and we sat at a table in the front of the house. "Samantha, how have you been?" Sam sighed," Look, I'm not here to be nice. I just have something to say. You said that you loved me and Michael and you'd never do anything to hurt us." Sam rarely called Six his actual name. "You lied. I can't forgive you for that. I will never forget all the time you'd beating me and Michael. I still have nightmares because of you. But I'm also glad. You made me a strong woman, you got me and Michael to be closer. So thank you, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I am in my own band, I have a brother who loves me." She looked at me," I have my best friends, who would do anything for me, I have mom, she was always there for me. So I hope that I never see you again. You will never, ever, touch me, Michael, or my mother." Sam got up and so did I. "Goodbye Richard." We walked away. We got to the airport and we sat back on the plane. I looked at her, "Are you okay Sam?" She smiled," I am. Thank you again, I needed that." I asked," Why didn't you just tell Six?" She sighed," He would've told me that I was wasting my time." We finally got back home and when we got out, we see a mad Six. We get in the car and we were silent until we got home. Finally Sam said, " Six..." "No, Sam. I told you, it was a bad idea, i couldn't protect you if he did something." "Six, I'm capable of protecting myself. I had to tell him the truth about how I felt." "You could've gotten killed." "Six, I'm sorry but I had to." She ran to our room. "Six, I know you want to protect her, but she needed it. I could tell that she needed it. Just please give her the brother she needs." He sighed," You're right, Meg. I should go talk to her." He walked to our room.

Sam's POV

I sat on my bed crying. I heard a knock on the door. "Sam, can I come in?" I didn't say anything. He opened the door and closed it. He sat on the bed. There was a moment of silence. Finally, Six spoke," I'm sorry. I let my own feelings get in the way. You probably needed to see him. What did you tell him." I looked at him," I told him the truth. I told him that I have a great life and that we don't need him. I'm sorry I went behind your back. I just need to tell him how I felt." "It's okay, Sam." He opened his arms. I let out a small laugh,"Fine, you dork." We hugged. If I didn't have my brother and best friends, I wouldn't be here. There was a knock on the door. Meg opens the door," V wants a band meeting." We got up and went to the living room. Everyone was waiting. We sat down and V started talking," Great news, after Meg got back, I've been calling a lot of producers and finally got an interview with a producer at Hollywood records. So it'll be in a few weeks but if everything goes right, we might be able to get our own deal." We all got excited. I hope we are prepared and nothing goes wrong.

A/n I hope you like it!!!