Something Wonderful : Part Three

Começar do início

"See, the message. He is saying goodbye." Gauri says as she shows the message to Bhavya trying to curb down the slight heartbreak that she was feeling.

Bhavya reads the message and remains silent, lost in thought.

"It's over. There is nothing for you to be worried about." Gauri says.

"I was not worried, but now I am." Bhavya says.

"What?" Gauri asks confused.

"Gauri, there was no need for him to message you. But he did."

"So? What are you trying to say, Bhavs?"

"What I am trying to say is that, just like you even he is in doubt whether he made the right choice. I feel more than you, he is regretting it."

"That is rubbish." Gauri brushes it off as she tried to control her jumping heart.

"Whatever happens, happens for the best. If that is not regret and doubt, what is? And what about the missing 'I hope and pray that you find someone worthy of you or something on that lines?"

"Bhavs, you are forgetting that he didn't want to marry me." Gauri argues.

"Didn't. Maybe now he does." Bhavya replies.

"Stop reading too much into it." Gauri says irritated.

"This is not going to go well, Gauri. You both are realizing that you made the wrong decision. You both are on the verge of falling in love with each other."

"Love? What nonsense???" Gauri asks outraged.

"Stop yapping."

"Tell me this; he called to check up on you. Once he did, why didn't he hang up? Why didn't you? His message about the engagement means he is thinking about the engagement. From the lost look you have been having since you woke up, I know you haven't thought of anything else but Omkara and engagement. And don't even get me started on him cooking chicken curry for you!!!" Bhavya says.

"Those were just conversations!!!" Gauri says defensively.

"Yeah conversations that you were both willing to sacrifice your sleep for and only the fear of me finding out about it could actually make you hang up the phone." Bhavya says angrily.

"So, you were awake yesterday."

"I was about to ask you what you were doing there when I heard you saying that you think I am going to wake up." Bhavya explains, then continues on "Gauri, as long as the guy is good I don't care who you marry but this one You know, how pissed Papa and Mama are at him and his family. They practically hate him now."

"You think, I don't know all that?" Gauri asks back.

"Yes. But Omkara is clouding your mind." Bhavya says.

"Of course not! You are reading too much into it." Gauri says.

"I am not. Because you didn't have to tell me about what all you talked about, but you did. You couldn't hold it in you. While you were telling me everything, I saw the joy in you. Have never seen you so excited about anything. You just couldn't stop talking about him and that too after talking to him just twice. And now that I realize it is the same with him, I am worried about you. Please get out of it when you can, Gauri." Bhavya advise her. "Come down for breakfast." saying that Bhavya walks out of the room.

Gauri, Bhavya, Harsh and Vasundhara were having food while they silently listened to Vasundhara cribbing about the Oberoi family and their upbringing. Gauri had this uncontrollable urge to defend Omkara, as the main culprit in all this was his family for forcing him. They took advantage of his love for his family in forcing him to do something he was not ready for.

"Enough Mama, he did call up Gauri and apologized for that yesterday." Bhavya suddenly cuts off Vasundhara leaving Gauri shocked.

"He called you?" Vasundhara asks outraged and angry.

"Erm... yes. He called to say sorry and check how everything went here." Gauri replies.

"And?" Harsh asks her in a gentle but dangerously stern voice.

"And what? Said he wanted to apologize to all of us blah blah blah. But Gauri told him not to come here." Bhavya says.

"Good. If I see him then I will slap him. Let alone allow him to step inside my house." Vasundhara says angrily.

"If he calls you again, don't take his calls." Harsh orders her.

"Okay." Gauri replies and looks at Bhavya, who was giving her now-you-know-how-they-are-going-to-react look.

Harsh was suspiciously watching the silent communication between the sisters.

Gauri was feeling suffocated at home and decided to go out. Lying to her mother that she was going to meet her friends she aimlessly roamed around as she thought about what all had happened since Omkara had entered her life. At first, he didn't seem right but now he feels very right. Now her parents were against him. And Bhavs after the bomb she dropped in the morning, she didn't talk to her any more about Omkara. Again, her mind went back to that question, Was Bhavs right? Was she falling in love with Omkara? Was he falling in love with her? But what did he really know about her? For that matter what did she know about him? Life was so simple and easy before Omkara entered it. She was happy but now for no reason she is confused and doubting her decision. One thing she could not ignore was the fact that she felt happy talking to Omkara. He made her laugh, and the fact that he did think of her in the morning took her to cloud nine. But he doesn't want to marry her.

"Kya chahiye Madam?"

Gauri was brought out of her thoughts when she heard the vendor and she realized to her utter shock that she had stopped walking and was standing in front of a roadside chaat wala.

"Golgappa." Gauri replied automatically. And to her utter shock before she could think what she was doing she took a picture of the golgappa and sent it to Omkara.

"OMG! OMG! OMG! Where is the delete button?" Gauri frantically searched her phone for message options when to her shock she saw a double tick and then it turning to blue.

"OMG! What have I done? What have I done?" Gauri lamented as she imagined her family looking at her disapprovingly. And within seconds she got a reply from Omkara. When she opened the message she couldn't help smile as Omkara had send a cute picture of him holding Golgappa followed by his messages.

Omkara: LOL! Both of us having golgappas at the same time.

Omkara: Me with my 3rd plate of golgappas. You?

Gauri: Just about to start with my first.

Gauri replied momentarily forgetting about her family and everyone else.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy