Chapter 4edited

I stood my Lucas's classroom waiting for him to get out of his last class. "bro what are you doing" I lifted my head up to look at him " sorry dude but I need you to drive me home today like right now or better yet take me to your house" "bro why don't you have to go see Damon" " shut up he wants me to go over to his house and to spend the night since my parents are out of town" Lucas began to laugh at me "Zane" my head shoots up as I see the boy who I've spent every afternoon with for the past two weeks. without hesitation, I run the other way. nearly slamming into students and the walls. "Zane get your ass back here"

I've been running around the whole school looking for a place to hide no way in hell am I gonna spend my weekend studying and doing homework. as I take another sharp turn my eyes land on the gym door I quickly shove them open and sprint to the supply closet. once inside I hide behind some folded-up cafeteria tables I hear the faint sound of the gym doors opening I push myself farther back. "Zane I know your in here really dude don't make this harder than it has to be I have some things I need to do and you making me late" shit shit shit is all I can think as I hear him enter the supply closet "boo" I can't help but let out a yelp as Damon crouches down in front of me. "so are you gonna come out on your own or am I gonna have to drag you out" I just stare at him before slowly making my way out of my hiding spot. "I don't see why you're taking this so seriously dude just let it slide it's one day jeez" I look away from him as I stand to my full height because of how close we are I have to look up to see his face. "just shut up" he smiles at me as he says this before grabbing my wrist and dragging me with him. 

Sitting in Damon's car bored out of my mind as he drives to where ever it is he needs to be. "hey just take me to Lucas's house when you're done with what you need to do" "no" he stops the car in front of an old looking house. "stay in the car" before I can say anything he slams the car door shut "what the fuck" I can't help but sigh. 

Lucas: hey are you good sorry I couldn't help you Damon's friend showed up and stopped me from going after you

Zane: it's alright I'm okay I guess bored out of my mind honestly

Lucas: so what was that honestly about like did you piss Damon off he's always on your ass about everything since yall first met

Zane: Idk man probably I kind of tried to ditch him the first day I took off when he went to the bathroom man literally chased me down in the parking lot and carried me back to the library 

Lucas: LMAO no way bro he actually did that

Zane: yes he did IDK what his deal is dude he's like overly touchy with me but I've seen this guy push Eliza  just for touching his shoulder

Lucas: no fucking way Eliza like Eliza woods that Eliza

Zane: yeah dude that  Eliza honestly I was shocked  

Lucas: well there's a lot of rumors about Damon and most of those rumors aren't just rumors they are like proven to be true

Zane: what rumors I've only heard about the fights and him sleeping around

Lucas: okay so there was a rumor that he was gay but a few days after the rumor was spread around he was caught making out with a dude the video is on insta 

 *Lucas sent video*

Zane: dude I'm not watching that

Lucas: ok ok well moving on then he was seen making out with a girl in the middle of the hallway and when people asked him he said that he was bi

Lucas: and there recently has been a rumor that he has a crush on a guy in our grade

Zane: so what does any of that have to dude with me

Lucas: dude he literally makes up any reason to talk to or and be around you and why would he be so desperate for you to stay the night with him just so he can tutor you that isn't like him 

Lucas: he totally has a crush on you 

Zane: .... 

Lucas: Oh come on its not that hard to believe and don't ... me mister

Zane: whatever dude that bullshit he doesn't like me he just doesn't what to have to deal with me for his whole senior year

*new message from unknown number*

unknown number: hey Zane why have you been hanging out with Damon so much

*, read* 

unknown number: don't just leave me on read

"Who are you texting" my head shoots up as I look over finally noticing Damon "shit you scared me" he smiles at me and starts to put the car in drive, "I asked you a question" "it's not really any of your business who I'm texting" I feel a hand being placed on my thigh I go to move his hand only for him to squeeze my thigh harshly "ouch ok ok I was texting Lucas damn let go" he releases his grip on my thigh but his hand stays in the same place "oh what did he want" "he just wanted to know if I was okay since your friend stopped him from helping me" "oh damn I feel bad for your friend then Marcus is very touchy, especially with the  people he has feelings for" I stare at Damon as he says this "wait for he like Lucas but Lucas is a junior and your friends a senior how does he even know  Lucas" " oh um well I may or may not have show Marcus  Lucas's insta when I was looking for your insta"  "why where you looking for my insta" "cuz you hot" " oh okay wait what the fuck" i quickly try to remove Damons hand from me. Damon laughs and tightens his grip on me once more "chill we are almost to my house we will work on the homework assignments you have for today and Monday then tomorrow we will work on some missing work" I stop trying to get his hand off me and just slouch in  my seat annoyed at the fact that I have to do homework on the weekend with Damon "can you move your hand" "see all you had to do was ask"