Chapter 11: The Underground (II)

Hello, sorry if I haven't updated this book for two weeks. I've been REALLY REALLY REALLY busy for past few weeks so I haven't got the time to focus on writing a new chapter. But here goes chap 11 (quite a long chap, like almost 4k words aaaaaaa)

++++

Sadly, I might to be able to update this week again since school work keeps on piling up. ik this chapter might be a little shitty but please bear with me, the next scenes will be more entertaining. I just needed to make this scene for you guys to understand the female lead's (which is you, the reader) character in a more in depth involvement to show what she will be capable in the near future. Anyway, ily all.

~~~~

"Stay close to me." Levi reminded you for the hundredth time ever since both of you got off the carriage and just like your previous response, you annoyingly gave him a nod. Both of you were now headed towards the gates of the underground where a possible checkpoint could be encountered. The forged documents created by Hange were now on Levi's hand and his right hand was holding your arm. When both of you reached the gate, you were halted by a man on his early 40s, holding a cigar, wore the usual clothes: a dark colored top with tattered pants and worn-out shoes. His demeanor tells you that hygiene was not his top priority as he was covered with filth.

"Name and Business?" he eyed the two of you. Levi handed the paper, and the man whistled as he read the document.

"Hm. I assume you know the code, Mr. Bigshot?" Levi leaned backwards as the man approached him. You could guess the man's stench gave Levi enough reason to stay away from him. Instead of whispering it to the man, Levi said it out loud which irked the man in charge of the check point. When he was about to let the both of you pass, he first glanced at you, your body to be exact and had the audacity to smirk.

"Well, well, well, what's a young attractive lady doing here?" He smirked.

"Read the fucking document you imbecile, I'm selling this whore, which is a part of the transaction." Levi's response was natural. Like he was used to conversing with them, yet he always had the edge. His sharp tongue was always an advantage to deal with people whom he doesn't like to deal with, and it came handy like always.

As the both of you were granted passage, you took a look at the place, and you weren't surprised by the fact that it hasn't changed that much for almost 15 years. It was dull, lifeless, and children were still loitering around the dark alleys.

As you and Levi were about to take a left towards the building, a woman suddenly pulled your skirt which caused you to stop. She was holding an infant on her other hand and the baby was wrapped in rags. Her clothes were drenched in blood, sweat, and dirt and as you scanned her eyes, she looked at you with desperate eyes and mouthed, Food...please, all over again.

You reached for your pocket for money, but you realized you only carried yourself, along with a knife strapped down on your thigh. Seeing this, Levi dropped a few of his coins on the woman's hand and pulled your arm, urging you to keep going.

"Well? Go find your house so we can get out of this place." Levi let go of your arm and you composed yourself, not allowing yourself to be distracted with the people eyeing you and the ones who are asking for help.

As much as you wanted to stop by to every person who needed your help, you have a mission, and you need to do it fast.

"Follow me." You confidently said.