Chapter 8: Truce

"No matter what you do or decide with your life, I will always love you, my little sister."

His body was lifeless.

You made this happen.

"Don't leave me." You whispered weakly. You tried to reach out for him despite being surrounded by darkness, but he was being pulled back.

Was it all your fault?

"Yes, it was your fault."

"You stood there and let it happen."

"It should've been you who was killed."

"You worthless idiot."

No, please wake up.

Eugene, please wake up.

Please.

"Hey, wake up!"

"Cass, wake up!"

"Stop it!" You jolted up as you threw my hands in the air.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." You quickly panicked as you tended to Frida who got hit on the face.

"No worries. Hey, I heard you sobbing in your sleep. If you need anything I can go down and get you some wat-"

"It's okay. I'm okay, thank you for worrying. I..I'll go down and get some fresh air." You assured her.

As she noticed how you slowly settled down, she let you go and decided to go back to her bed after you apologized for interrupting her sleep, which she continuously told you to stop saying sorry before she could smack you on the back of your head, which was a joke obviously. 

You decided to go to the fireplace but then you realized that the crackling wood would be enough to wake up some light sleepers, so the better option is to heat up some milk before going back to your room.

Dinner hall it is.

As you strolled through the corridors and got in front of the door, you were surprised to see light peeking from under the door. Thankfully, you wouldn't be alone. Not that you were scared but you guess some company wouldn't hurt especially when you woke up from a dreadful nightmare.

You peeked through the door and to your surprise, the seats were empty except for one. Ah, of course this is how it works.

You thought of returning back to your room before the raven-haired man with a clean undercut would notice but as you saw him slightly turn his head towards the door, you realized that it was too late to go back.