Kwangsun raised his eyebrow and instead of arguing about formalities, he filled Seunghyeon's glass. The moment he pulled away, Seunghyeon downed half of it, the heaviness of the wheat sloshing in his empty stomach.

"Woah, easy there," Kwangsun laughed. "We've got all night. Don't get wasted now."

Seunghyeon slammed his half-drained glass and squinted at him. The rush of alcohol showed on his face. "I can handle it," he said and poked Kwangsun's shoulder. "You calling me a lightweight?"

"No." Kwangsun smirked and pulled the platter of chicken closer to them. "But enjoy the free food," he said and held up a wing to him. "Come on, kitty. Don't drink on an empty stomach."

Huffing, Seunghyeon grabbed the wing and grudgingly took a bite, his stomach settling.

"See, isn't that better?" Kwangsun asked, leaning in.

Seunghyeon leaned back and turned away. "Yeah, I guess."

From the corner of his eye, Kwangsun's smile faded and he drew back his arm. Kwangsun picked up his own glass and started talking to the others at the table. Seunghyeon bit the inside of his cheek and opted to drink some more. 

Seunghyeon stumbled, clinging onto Yoonah as their group migrated through the lively Hongdae street to the next stop: karaoke.

"You okay?" Yoonah asked, poking his cheek.

"Yup!" Seunghyeon stood up straight and grinned. "Just perfect."

"Then maybe stop using Yoonah as a crutch," Jeanie said. Seunghyeon squinted at her and the way she had her arm around Yoonah. When did they get so friendly?

Seunghyeon held her tighter. "But these shoes are hard to walk in," he whined.

"Maybe Kwangsun can help you," Yoonah suggested with a soft voice. Seunghyeon gaped at her and she shrugged.

Looking over his shoulder, Kwangsun glanced at him, midconversation with Insik. The lanky classmate whose couch now lives in the studio. "I heard my name," Kwangsun said, nonchalantly. Seunghyeon scoffed. He was clearly eavesdropping.

Seunghyeon released Yoonah, suddenly much sober. "I can't," he muttered to Yoonah. "I'm pissed at him," he announced and marched ahead of the group.

He spotted the sign for the karaoke club, the letters bold and blue, flashing against the black background. Seunghyeon headed inside and looked around. Neon signs and graffiti littered the walls from years of past patrons. The smell of soju was thick and music from the main floor mixed with the music from the booths. He nodded to himself. There'd be plenty of things to keep him distracted.

The rest of the group filed in and Jeanie walked up to the hostess booth. Seunghyeon scanned the crowd, freezing when he caught Kwangsun watching him. Gulping, Seunghyeon tore his gaze away as the hostess held out a tray of shots for the group.

Seunghyeon grabbed his shot first and downed it, scrunching his nose at the burn. As their group grabbed their own, he slipped away and hurried past the bar to the narrow hall leading to the bathrooms.

Sighing, Seunghyeon leaned against the wall. The night had barely begun and he was already exhausted.

"Hey." The familiar voice called out and Seunghyeon groaned. It was the last person he wanted to be alone with.

"What do you want?" Seunghyeon said and crossed his arms at Kwangsun.

"Funny." Kwangsun stood in front of him. "I was going to ask you that."