★ Ch. 16 | It Feels Like Flying

Long ass A/N: Wow, okay hi! It's been far too long since I last updated. Writers block is a bitch. And I apologize! But anyways... after looking back on a couple chapters and seeing how my book has gotten some more attention, AND getting a couple more ideas I FINALLY have the motivation to continue. It may be updated slower than I originally intended, but that's merely because there's a lot going on in my life right now, and lack of ideas (mostly) but that will all hopefully pass soon. So here you have it, I'm back and ready for more action! As always, enjoy.

★☆★☆

It was a massive relief that the Survey Corps had won. And that they were all finally able to be shown to the public without much worry. The news spread inside the walls faster than a rabbit darting for safety, the mutters and whispers about them was like a virus among humanity. Sure, before the trial had begun people already knew. But it was more of a shock that the Scouts had won yet again with little evidence and barely winning for the greater good than anything.

But now came the hardest part. Training. Learning. Searching for answers. And being ordered around by someone far more than Captain Levi ever had.

Keith Shadis was on his way. And the future did not look easy.

However...our heroes had an advantage. They would no doubt finish their training faster than any normal cadet. They not only had no choice but they were already incredibly fit, intelligent, and most importantly they were special. Foreign to this world, yes. But they all had one thing in common.

They always fell into the bizarre road of adventure. And this was their next, they could do nothing but accept that.

After the tribunal they were headed back to their current "home". The Former HQ. It's all they could do for a temporary home and place to stay, and it seemed that as long as they were a good amount away from citizens it worked for now. Seeing as so many feared them.

They had gotten back a day ago, and today they were to begin their training. It was not necessarily an official cadet corps group but this training was lethal to prove their cause.

If they were to ride out on the 57th expedition on time, they would have to become soldiers as they did. Kill titans as they did. And follow orders as they did. With the addition of their abilities of course.

But they couldn't all go right? Erwin could only take a fair amount.  But that did not mean he wouldn't need them ALL at some point, they all still had to train for various reasons either way.

Waiting out in the sun, they stood there. Seeing the approaching stallion with their new and first ever instructor on it's back. Levi was of course among them, so was Hange.

Keith's eyes widened at the sight as he stopped his horse. These people... he did not expect this. Yes, he did see the pictures on the paper but seeing them in person compared to paper was terrifying. But that did not faze him. He wouldn't let it.

Hey, at least he had something to work with compared to scared teenagers.

Well... except for Koichi maybe.

Dismounting his horse, Keith observed them all. Every single one of them. They stood up straight, staring back, practically daring him to speak.

But really they were just waiting for "what do we do first?".

"My god.. I almost thought hearing the news was a joke. But this..." He finally said.

"Oi, we aren't no joke mister!"

Joseph was elbowed in the ribs by Caesar for that. "Respect him, Jojo!" The Zeppeli muttered. Joseph rolled his eyes. That really reminded him of their Hamon training days though...