Chapter Seven

"You sure about that?" Amy asked, unconvinced as she closed her magazine and set it off to the side. Directing all her attention towards you.

"No" you sighed. "It's nothing serious, I'm just a bit...nervous" you hesitantly responded as you looked around.

"Nervous about what?"

"About that fucking mannequin, I don't know who's doing it or who has the time to do such a thing but someone keeps moving it! It's starting to creep me out!" you huffed out as you rubbed at your face.

"You mean the mannequin back there?" she asked.

"Wha-dammit!" you exclaimed as you peered backwards again and caught sight of the mannequin. "I thought they had given up for today" you muttered as you ran your fingers through your hair.

"What if no one's moving it at all?" you flinched when you heard Jacob whisper that in your ear. Jumping away from him you whipped your head to the side to glare at him as he just casually leaned against the counter.

"And exactly what do you mean by that?" you inquired as you raised an eyebrow and leaned closer towards him. Amy hummed as she rested her head against the palm of her hand as she looked at the raven-haired man.

"Well you see, there's this story going around. It might sound crazy, but a lot of other employees seemed to believe in it" Jacob explained. "Now, I won't go into full detail because fuck that, but the story basically revolves around that mannequin and how it's actually alive" he started. "They say it just randomly appeared one day, not even Mrs. Taylor knows where it had come from which is quite surprising seeing how she buys all the necessities for the store."

"Pfft! Do you honestly expect me to believe something as crazy as that? Hell, Justin Bieber is far more frightening than that story" you scoffed.

"Well then, you didn't have to go that far" Jacob muttered as he crossed his arms. "Then how do you explain the fact that Mrs. Taylor doesn't even know where the thing came from?"

"Simple, she just forgot. The thing looks exactly like all the other mannequins, so it makes sense that she'd get confused and forget that she might have purchased an extra one" you explained.

"Though that does sound logical, haven't you noticed that the clothes it normally wears can't be found anywhere else in the store?" Amy piped up. "I've heard the stories as well, [Your Name] and though they may sound silly everyone in this store can't deny that there's something wrong with that mannequin."

"Not you to" you mumbled.

"Some say it's haunted and some say its possessed, it's actually the reason the store moved to this [Town/City]" she explained.

"Really now? A single mannequin caused this entire store to migrate all the way over here" you raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

"A few incidents occurred back at the town this store had originally opened up in and these weren't your typical broken bones or destroyed clothing incidents. These were the life-threatening kind of incidents that no one in the store could really explain and they usually would always happen when that mannequin was in the vicinity. People started becoming too afraid to enter the store, claiming it was cursed, this of course brought Mrs. Taylor on the verge of bankruptcy. Employees were quitting left and right while less and less people dared to enter the store that she just ended up packing everything and located the store here. Were no one's heard of the supposedly cursed mannequin" Amy explained.

"The only people who know these are us original employees that have stuck with Mrs. Taylor this whole time" she added.

"If that's true than why didn't you just quit and get a new job after the store had moved? I don't see why someone would move just to keep some dumb job at a clothing store" you said.

"I moved because I had originally planned to move down here, it was just my luck the job was coming along with me" Jacob said.

"I moved because I didn't want to look for another job, this one was a hassle to get and I wasn't going to just let it go. Especially considering how simple it is" Amy answered.

"What about your guys' family?"

"Don't have any, was an orphan" Jacob answered as he shrugged his shoulders.

"My family and I aren't on good terms at the current moment" Amy muttered, flipping her magazine book back open.

"Oh..." you muttered.

-Later-

"Bye, [Your Name], see you tomorrow" Amy waved as she and Jacob walked off.

"Bye" you waved back at the two retreating forms before turning your back to them and started to walk in the direction of your home. Your eyes were shut as you hummed, feeling relaxed this time as you walked home. Well you were until you were rudely interrupted. A loud yelp ripped through your throat as your arm was roughly grabbed and you were pulled into an alleyway you were passing by. Your back soon slammed into the brick wall, pain shooting through the back of your head as it bounced off the wall.

"Well, aren't you a pretty little thing" your nosed scrunched up to the retched smell of alcohol that came from the breathy air that was blown onto your face.

"Back off, creep" you hissed as you raised your hands and pressed them against the stranger's chest. Looking straight into his blood-shot eyes that were glazed over with lust. You pushed with all your strength, but it didn't seem to do much. As the man only grabbed your wrist and pinned your hands above your head, his lips sloppily attacking the flesh of your neck. "I said back off!" you snapped in disgust.

"No!" he growled back as he pulled back lightly and breathed heavily against your flesh, causing a shiver to rank up your spin.

"Get off!" you smashed your knee into his crotch as you screamed this.

"Oof!" he cried out in pain as his hands let go of your wrist so he could grab at his manhood. You took this moment to try and run out of the alleyway.

"You little bitch!" he grunted out as he grabbed your ankle before you could get far and yanked you onto the ground. Your jaw rattled as it made contact with the rough ground before you were flipped onto your back and the drunk crawled on top of you. "That was a big mistake there, girly" the man growled angrily as he glared down at you. A twisted grin forming on his lips as one of his hands slowly started to inch its way up your shirt while the other one roughly grabbed your throat.

"S-stop!" you sputtered out, clawing at his hand that had a tight grip on your neck while bucking your body around. Strangled screams started to push past your lips followed by harsh coughs that were slowing becoming weaker by the minute. It was pointless, no one was out this time of night. Tears welled up in the corners of your eyes as you shut them tightly, wishing for this all to end quickly.

"I believe you should let go of my property" a new voice growled as the pressure of the man on top of you disappeared. You peaked an eye open, watching as the man's face morphed into a look of horror while he desperately tried to find something to cling onto as he was picked up. You didn't think you'd want to meet this savior of yours as you scampered up and ran out of the alleyway. Leaving behind the drunken man's painful screams. Making it to your house, you were quick in unlocking the door and rushing inside only to slam it hard enough to cause a few portraits to rattle on the walls.

Your breathing was heavy as you leaned against the wooden surface of the door and slid down, curling your body up into a ball as you buried your face into your knees. A choked sob leaving your lips as the weight of what had just happened came crashing down on you. "[Your Name], honey, are you alright?" you heard your mother ask as she came down the stairs. You were met with a gasp and rushing footsteps as your head was pulled close to her chest. "Oh my...what happened?!" she asked as she tightly held you close.

You shook your head as you tightly clutched the front of her night gown, crying until your throat felt raw and your mind was fuzzy enough that you had fallen asleep.