Chapter Five

It didn't take you long to get the money counted and for the rest of the remaining hours you were stuck having a one-sided conversation with the mannequin. Not talking about anything interesting, just random facts that you had learned over time and rarely had anyone to share them with. By 4:59am you moved to wake up Amy, stopping in all movement when the feeling of eyes boring into your back could be felt. You whipped your head back around, not seeing anything unusual or out of place, just the mannequin that was still standing there in the same position. "Okay?" you breathed out, confused as you continued with your task at hand.

"What? What is it?" Amy asked, her eyes fluttering open as you shook her shoulder. She yawned as she sat up and stretched her arms upwards before she started to rub at her eyes. Trying to be mindful of her own make-up.

"It's time to go" you said, your voice strained and your body tense. That feeling of being watched still there making it feel even more intense. Amy nodded her head, raising an eyebrow as she peeked behind you. She furrowed her brows and sighed.

"It's still there" you heard her grumble underneath her breath.

"Of course it's still there, why wouldn't it be? None of us got up to move it" you said, raising an eyebrow as you gave her a questioning look before shaking your head and making your way towards the entrance. You stopped and waited by the doors as Amy gathered up her things, her gaze wandering towards the mannequin every now and again as if it would magically walk away if she didn't keep a close eye on it. She shook her head and quickly walked over to you, you both exited the store as you stood around and watched her lock up the place. "Shouldn't we have put the thing back where it belongs?"

"No" Amy said dryly as she stuffed the keys into her bag, mumbling a reminder to herself to return it to Mrs. Taylor tomorrow. "I, uh, guess I'll see you tomorrow than" she said, nodding her head as she gave a wave and slowly turned away from you to walk in the direction of her home.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" you mumbled, waving before heading in the direction of your house as well. You started walking in a slow pace, shivering at the feeling of eyes boring into your back, instead of freaking out like last time you decided to look back. Nothing. There was nothing behind you, this caused you to chuckle a bit as you shook your head. But, even with this reassurance you still found yourself walking quickly down the sidewalk, picking up speed every time you passed an alleyway. By the time you got home, you weren't paying attention and ended up ramming into the front door.

"Ow!" you hissed at the jolt of pain that went up your nose. "That fucking hurt" you growled as you brought up one of your hands and lightly touched your nose, wincing at the jolt of pain but sighing in relief when you felt no blood and could still breath easily through it. Reaching for the doorknob, you wanted to groan in irritation at finding it lock meaning your mother had forgotten to leave it unlock before she headed off to bed. Retrieving the spare key from its hidden spot outside you unlocked the door and put it back. Entering the house, you were mindful to shut the door quietly and lock it tightly, not bothering to turn on the lights you started to navigate your way through the dark house.

It seems as if today the universe decided it wanted to hate you as you ended up running into the wall three times, tripped over five random objects, and smashed your knee against the edge of the coffee table. You had to bite your lip and clenched your hands as you tried to stay silent, when you finally reached the stairs you gave a sigh of relief and started making your way up them. Just as your reached the top, you felt the tip of your shoe catch on the last step and send your body falling forward before you landed on the ground with a loud crash. You laid there for a minute, before looking up as the hallway light switch was flipped on. At the end of the hallway, near the light switch your mother stood there with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"Mind telling me why you're on the floor?"

"Oh, you know, I just noticed how lonely the floor seemed to be and decided to give it a hug" you said, pushing yourself to sit up before standing.

"At almost six in the morning?" she questioned.

"Yep" you said, nodding your head. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go get some sleep before I'll need to wake up once again to return to that hell-I mean work."

"Alright, goodnight" your mother said as she gave a short wave before flipping off the hallway light and reentering her and your father's bedroom while you disappeared into your own room. Grunting a small 'goodnight' right back at her, you shut your bedroom door and stripped off your work clothes. Moving over to your dresser you lazily pulled out some pajamas, got dressed, then crawled into bed where you passed out.

-???-

It was quiet as the only sounds in the room was the soft snores that came from [Your Name]'s sleeping form. The moonlight that seemed to flutter into the room through the window showed nothing out of the ordinary. Well almost nothing. In the blink of an eye a tall figure appeared in the room, their body hovering near the bed as they looked down at the sleeping [Hair Color] haired girl. Their hand hesitantly reaching out towards her before resting against the top of her head, their fingers running down the [Long/Short] locks that felt like silk to the figure. A shudder ranked through their body as they almost melted at being this close to her.

'Such beauty, I can't wait for it to be all mine' they thought, heaving a sigh as they got lost in their thoughts before disappearing within a blink of an eye. Leaving no traces behind that would have proven they had ever been in the room.