Chapter Four

The minute Mrs. Taylor had left, Amy jumped up and started to pace behind the counter. Grinding her teeth as she grabbed at her hair and mumbled lowly to herself, leaving you to take care of any customers that came by to pay for their items. You both ignored the customers curious and questioning expressions before eventually even they started ignoring the raving woman behind you. "Why the hell is she making me stay late?! She knows how much I detest staying late!" Amy seethed out, her breathing picked up as she continued to walk back and forth. You sighed, feeling slight sympathy for the young woman even if you didn't know why she was upset in the first place.

"Look, I may not know why such a trivial thing as this is upsetting you, but nothing's going to happen and if something does, you won't be alone. I'll be right there beside you the whole time, you won't be alone" you reasoned, grabbing her shoulders to stop her in her tracks so that her attention was only focused on you. It was silent as you both stared at one another, but you soon smiled as you watched her shoulders relax and she seemed calmer. Amy returned the smile as she nodded her head, before sighing as she flopped back into her chair, leaning back and gave another sigh. "Now that you're much calmer than you were before, I need to go make a call."

"Wait" Amy said before you were fully out of ear shot. You hummed and looked back towards her with a questioning gaze. "I know this is embarrassing and all, but I don't think I ever got your name" she said, huffing as she crossed her arms while a light pink dusted over her cheeks.

"Oh, yeah you're right. It's [Your Name]" you said, watching as she nodded her head and waved you off as if saying that you could continue on your way.

-Later-

"Yeah mom, I know, love you too" you said, nodding your head as you ended the call. Blushing in slight embarrassment at the giggles that came from the young girls that were huddle up near the bathroom mirror, fixing their make-up. With a slight glare, you put away your phone and made your way back out of the girl's bathroom, making your way back towards the front of the store. You slowed down before coming to a full stop as you watched in amusement at the scene in front of you. Jacob was leaned up against the counter, smiling widely as he talked to a heavily blushing Amy who only nodded her head to show that she was paying attention.

Quietly you sneaked a bit closer towards the two, wanting to know what they were talking about. "Yeah, oh, so I was wondering if you would possibly want to go out sometime this week? Like on a date or something along those lines" Jacob said, as he scratched the back of his head and looked off to the side. Giving a strain laugh.

"I would love that, but could we possibly make it sometime next week. Maybe Saturday seeing how that's our day off" Amy responded, twiddling her thumbs as she smiled. Acting entirely different then from how she was when you first met her.

"We do?" Jacob questioned, looking surprised as if this was the first time he was hearing about this. "Why can't we go tonight or tomorrow?" he asked.

"Boss has the new girl and I working late tonight, as for why we can't go tomorrow because I'll be spending that time sleeping" she explained, leaning against the counter while rolling her eyes.

"That sucks" Jacob said, frowning as he nodded his head. The two soon flinched as you coughed into your fist, smiling once you got both their attention.

"How long have you been standing there?" they both asked, their faces stained red with embarrassment.

"Oh, long enough to witness a new-found love blooming in the air" you chirped out, smiling as Amy buried her face into her arms while Jacob tried to hide his own face with his hands. "I'm not wrong, am I?"

"M-maybe you are, maybe you aren't!" Amy snapped, crossing her arms as she huffed and turned her head away from you as Jacob only laughed.

"Well either way, I think you two would make such a cute couple. Even though I just met you both recently" you cooed, bursting out into a fit of laughter as you saw the expressions of surprise and embarrassment.

"Shut up!" they both snapped.

-Later-

"Now remember, you are to close up at exactly five. Do I make myself clear?" Mrs. Taylor questioned as the other employees started flooding out of the store and into the street.

"Yeah, yeah. We understand" Amy said, rolling her eyes as she nodded her head. The blonde stood around for a few minutes, eyes narrowed before she huffed and exited the store as well. Leaving both you and Amy alone. It was silent between the two of you, saved for the sound of the raven-haired woman leaning back in her chair, arms behind her head as she closed her eyes.

"Hey Amy" you started, a bit hesitant to ask the question that had been nagging at your mind since you've heard about it and met Amy.

"Yeah?"

"Is there any particular reason as to why you're so scared about staying late?" you asked, watching from the corner of your eye as her body tensed up and her eyes snapped opened.

"Well you see...um...shit should I even bother trying to tell you?" she quietly asked, turning her head to the side as she looked conflicted. After a few seconds, had passed by you listened as she heaved a long sigh. "Shit. If you honestly want to know, something...something happened and it spooked me" she said, crossing her arms as she tilted her head back and looked up towards the ceiling. Her eyebrows knitted together as her face showed discomfort.

"What happened?"

"I can't tell you or more like I don't want to" Amy admitted, shifting around as she turned her head towards you. All movements stopping as green eyes stared right passed you. Confused, you turned your head to the side to peek back, raising an eyebrow as you saw a familiar mannequin. It just stood there, its body facing towards the two of you while its head was tilted, as if it was curious to know what you two were talking about. 'Did someone place it there when no one was looking? Must have been one of the other employees' you thought. Looking back towards Amy as you chose to ignore the mannequin.

"Well if you won't tell me, I guess I'll just have to work hard to pry the information out of you" you joked, giving a teasing smile when you saw her emerald gaze narrow into a glare.

"Fine, but it's your funeral" Amy said with a huff as she slid down in her chair and closed her eyes. "Wake me up when your done and it's time to go" she grumbled.

"Alright? Hey, wait! What did you mean it was going to be my funeral, it can't be that serious can it?" you asked, only for your shoulders to slump downwards in defeat when you heard Amy's soft snores. "Guess it's just you and me, buddy" you said, turning your attention back towards the mannequin. 'It's going to be a long night' you thought as a shivered ranked down your spine the longer you looked at the mannequin, it seemed to give off such a strange vibe. "Well better get to work" you mumbled, getting started on counting the money for this week.