Prologue

"Once, mankind accepted a simple truth: that they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds man believed to be home to their gods. Others, they knew to fear. From a realm of cold and darkness came the Frost Giants, threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this treat alone. Our armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great. In the end, their king fell. And the source of their power was taken from them. With the last great war ended, we withdrew from the other worlds and returned home to the Realm Eternal. Asgard. Here we remain as a beach of hope, shining out across the stars. And though we have fallen into man's myths and legends, it was Asgard and its warriors that brought peace to the universe," Odin told his children as they walked into the vault, gazing at the Casket. "But the day will come when one of you will have to defend that peace," he turned to face them.

"Do the Frost Giants still live?" Loki asked.

"When I'm king, I'll hunt the monsters down and slay them all!" Thor pretended to use a sword, making Cora laugh.

"A wise king never seeks out war, but..." the children waited impatiently, "he must already be ready for it." Odin walked out and the three children shared smiles before running after their father.

"I'm ready father!"

"So am I!"

"Me! Me!" Cora cheered after Thor and Loki, Odin putting her onto his shoulders before taking the boys' hands.

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne, but both of you were born to be kings."

"What about Cora, father?" Loki asked, looking up at his younger sister.

"I have a feeling she will find her place, the place she was born to be."

Thank you all for starting this! It will be slightly different from the other Avengers books and shorter if you have read those, just to give you a heads up. Thanks again! Hope you enjoyed! Stay safe!