Chapter 23

(Piya's POV)

I woke up holding Abhay's hand. He was watching me lovingly, stroking my cheek with his other hand. I relaxed for a moment, spending some time in silence. Then I remembered that I needed to get home. I sat up, startled.

"Piya, what happened?" Abhay asked.

"I...I need to get home. Right now." I threw the covers aside and tried to leave. Abhay stopped me.

"Don't worry. Sid called and told Maya that he needed you in office. They don't expect you home until 9."

"Oh." I slumped back down on the bed. "But I wasn't supposed to work today."

"He made an excuse. Seems like you are still sleeping." He teased.

"Come sit." I patted the bed.

He sat down and wrapped an arm around my waist. He pulled me closer to his body. I took advantage of the situation and snuggled against him.

"How about a romantic evening? Just you and me...." He whispered. I blushed strawberry red.

"Abhay...do you know what...?" He put his finger to my lips .

"I know....Dad explained everything to me. When you were asleep."

"I'm scared." I said.

"No need to be afraid. Nothing bad will happen."

The moon shone through the window, right on the swirling patterns on my skin. Seems like they are permanent. Abhay lifted my hand and traced the marks with his finger.

"You look much more beautiful with these. Did you know that?" He whispered.

"Do you really think so?"

"Absolutely. You are even more special than before."

I turned my body slightly and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, lightly placing a kiss on my head. He moved down to my neck. I waited for the wet kisses. But he froze. His nails dug into my waist and his breaths were hard.

"Abhay?" I said, concerned.

He didn't respond. I felt his heavy breathing turn into pants, quiet ones. A small snarl erupted in his chest. In a split second, he pushed me down on the bed and reached the opposite wall, digging his sharp nails into the material. They scratched the paint away, along with some of the wood. I got up and rushed to him. What was wrong with him?

"Piya, stand back!" He hissed.

"What happened?!" My voice was trembling.

"Your blood....it's drawing me in. I can't control myself any longer."

I was confused, because he never had such a strong craving for my blood before. What happened now? I gripped his shoulder and forced him to turn around. Instead of the dark blue, his eyes were a deep crimson red, his fangs were slightly exposed. He was trying to fight the temptation. I took a step closer, until our bodies were almost touching.

"Piya just leave. I can't risk hurting you." He said.

"No Abhay. You have to fight it. What is causing it?"

"I don't know. Something......is controlling me." He bent over like he was in extreme pain.

I tried to help him snap out of it, but I didn't know how. He became more aggressive with each passing minute. He flung me to the ground. I hit the bed frame. A jagged piece of metal cut into my arm. I shrieked painfully, gripping the wound with all my strength. I glanced up at Abhay. His fangs slid out to completely expose themselves. He snarled to himself, a deep menacing growl. His gaze was fixed on my bleeding arm. His eyes were void of all emotion. Only the bloodlust he experienced was there.