Chapter-2

Hope's visit to mystic falls was unplanned, but she didn't regret it at all. She had so far enjoyed everything that the town had to offer. It took her a little time, but finally, she had settled in the small town and had a proper schedule for every day, including her running and extra practices, like archery, shooting, and fighting practice. So far she had made some friends, they were the same age as her but because she skipped a year they thought she was younger than them. Apart from all this, she was also trying her best to hide her secret, which was not easy but she was used to hiding it by now.

Hope was in the woods practicing archery when she heard Elena screaming. Taking her bow and arrow with her she ran as fast as she could to the place where she heard Elena from, which was near a well, finally reaching her breathing heavily.

"Elena, what's wrong?" she asked Elena who was looking down in the well with a panicked expression.

"Stefan, Stefan he is-- Hope? What are you doing here?" Elena asked her confused as to what was she doing here, the bow and arrow in her hands confusing her more, also scared about her finding out about what is going on here.

"Elena, no time to explain. Just tell me what's going on here first." Hope knew there was something definitely wrong, judging by Elena's expression and she was willing to help.

Elena thought about it, maybe Hope could help in some way. From what she knew about her, the girl was smart, kind, sweet, and kinda strong too, well that must be because she loved to work out, Elena thought. And if things went south and the girl panicked she can have Damon or Stefan compel her. After thinking for another second she finally decided to tell the girl about the situation.

"Okay Hope this is going to sound and look really weird but I need you to trust me and not run away, okay?" she asks the girl who stood confused.

"Yeah of course why would I run away? Just tell me what happened?" Hope asked her again.

" Stefan is down there, and he can't come back and these chains are rusted and I don't know how to get him back." Elena said, panicking again about this whole situation.

"Okay Elena, relax I'll do something." Hope tried to calm her down as she quickly thought of an idea.

Hope looked down in the well to see its depth, then took a rope that was near the well and tied it to a nearby tree. While Hope was doing all this, Elena just stood shocked and impressed watching what she was doing. After the first night Elena, Stefan, and Caroline saw her, Elena and Caroline met Hope in school and now they were kind of good friends.

Flashback

Hope's outfit in the flashback scene.

Caroline and Elena were walking down the school hallway, when they saw a girl standing in front of her locker trying to set her things in it, deciding to help her out they walked up to her. The girl sensing someone behind her turned around to see two beautiful girls, one was blond and was almost the same height as her, the other was slightly shorter and had straight brown hair. To say that Elena and Caroline were shocked would be an understatement. It was the same girl, they saw at the carnival and here she was standing in front of them. She looked even more beautiful face to face.

Finally realizing that they were staring at her Caroline cleared her throat, which made Elena come back to reality too.

"Hey, are you new here?" Caroline asked, with a sweet smile.

"Yeah. I'm Hope. Hope Evans." she replied smiling back.

"I'm Caroline and this is Elena."  Elena smiled at Hope.