Prologue

Hey guys, so basically in this story Damon has no romantic feelings for Elena. He loves her, but like a little sister. I know all the Delena fans are going to be really pissed by this but, it's my story and in this story Damon falls in love with the new girl in town. Hope Evans.

Okay so this story starts from Season 2, when Hope arrives in town. 

Everything of what happened in Season 1 is the same, except for some scenes, which I will change. Including Damon falling for Elena, Stefan getting jealous and all. Also I will write some Season 1 flashback scenes that need to be changed for this story.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Flashback

Damon was sitting on his bed, a bottle of bourbon in his hand. Trying to drink his sorrows away. He just wanted to be alone after everything that happened. Katherine never loved him. She knew he was alive but didn't even bother to meet him once. He was thinking all of this when Elena entered his room and sat beside him, taking the bottle of bourbon from his hands and taking a swig.

"I needed that." she said, hurt and guilt clear in her voice.

Both sat in a comfortable silence for 15 minutes, sharing the bottle of bourbon, when he decided decided to ask her what was wrong.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"Grams is dead, and bonnie didn't want me to be with her." she replied, her voice cracking a bit. Damon just nodded at that.

Elena was trying to avoid the topic of Katherine but she knew it was hurting Damon, and she had to do something about that.

"You know Damon, she never deserved you. I don't know how you were in 1864 but I know you now, and I know that one day you are gonna find someone who will love you more than anything."

"You really think that?" he asked her, surprised by what she said.

"I know that." she said, giving him a small smile. Damon smiled at the thought. Maybe he will find someone who will actually love him.

"Elena?" Damon asked, slightly nervous about the question he was going to ask her.

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"How did you know you loved Stefan?"

Elena was a little taken back from this question, she didn't expect him to ask this but thought about what to say.

"You know when I first met him, I just couldn't stop looking at him. I wanted to know more about him, talk to him or just be with him. The whole day I just couldn't stop thinking about him. Then when we got together, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. You know you love someone, when you just can't stop thinking about them, you always want to protect them, make sure they're safe. I know Stefan is stronger than me, still every time there is some problem I don't care what happens to me, I just wanna make sure if he is okay. And that is what love is Damon. Having this need to protect them, loving someone more than anything. When I am with Stefan I feel calm, safe, protected like no one in the world can hurt me, and above all the happiest I've ever been. When you feel this with someone, you know you love them and if that person feels the same about you, it makes you the luckiest person in the world. And trust me Damon, you will find that one special person, and when you do, don't hide your feelings."

Damon thought about this, and he hoped that maybe there will be someone in his life like that.

"When did you get so wise?" he teased Elena.

"Hey." she playfully hit his shoulder, and they both laughed and spent the night talking.

In all of this, both of them were oblivious to the fact that Stefan heard everything, and was more than happy to see his brother and his girlfriend trying to help each other through their problems. Also by seeing how Damon cared for Elena like a little sister, he always wished he had.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Elena had just ended her call with Jeremy, shocked that Isobel had let him go. She turns around and faces Isobel.

"You were never gonna hurt him." Elena says, shocked.

"No I was gonna kill him. Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any." Isobel replied.

"But you took a risk with Damon. How did you know that he was gonna give it to me?" Elena asked, confused why would Isobel trust Damon of all people for giving the device that could kill him.

"Because he loves you like a little sister he never had Elena. And he would never do anything to hurt you." Elena looked shocked at Isobel, then Damon who didn't make eye contact with her.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-