Chapter One

"Come on, [Your Name]. You're so slow" [Best Friend's Name] whined, stomping back towards you as she wrapped her hands around your wrist and started to forcibly drag you forward. You dug the heels of your shoes into the ground, groaning as they slid roughly across the concrete. It always amused you how one minute [Best Friend's Name] was too lazy to throw a dodge ball and the next she could drag another human being across the sidewalk with little trouble. "I really want to check out that new place that just recently opened up a few weeks ago" she said, continued to drag you behind her.

"But I don't want to" you whined as you leaned your head backwards so that you were looking up towards the sky. You hated going shopping, you hated it even more when it involved dresses and jewelry. You released another loud groan as your friend pushed open one of the glass doors that consisted of the entrance, the smell of perfume immediately assaulting your senses. You let your head roll to the side and ended up making eye contact with the young woman behind the front counter. One of her eyebrows were raised as she looked at you and your friend in slight amusement before looking back down at a magazine she had out on the counter.

"Oh, those look nice" [Best Friend's Name] suddenly said, picking up speed now that your feet slid more easily across the waxed floors of the store. The minute she came to a sudden halt, your body lunged forward and caused you to throw your arms out to save yourself from face planting the ground. [Best Friend's Name] didn't seem to take notice or didn't care enough to say anything as she started to shuffle through the rack of dresses. The word 'sale' plastered at the top of the rack, causing you to raise an eyebrow. You moved around, barely looking at anything as you let your eyes just scan the interior of the building.

It used to be an old warehouse and very spacious, now it was filled to the brim with women's clothing, makeup, jewelry, and many other items. "[Your Name]" you blinked your eyes and looked towards your friend who was now holding up two dresses. To you it looked as if she was holding them up in front of herself and silently asking for your opinion on which looked better on her.

"What?" you asked, deciding to play dumb in hopes she would get the hint and decide herself. You didn't want to be here in the first place and you certainly weren't going to help her on this small shopping spree of hers.

"Aw, come on. Just tell me which one you think is the best, pink or blue?" she asked, her lower lip jutting out as she pouted. She continued to hold the two dresses up, moving them back and forth while closing one eye in thought. For a minute, it looked as if she was trying to imagine what you would...look like...in one...of...them.

"No" you suddenly said, your eyebrows furrowing as you shook your head. Letting strands of your hair fly around. Your friend didn't respond as she lowered the dresses and moved to drape them over the same arm. Neither of you blinked as you stared down one another, getting a few curious looks from strangers that were walking by. The minute your friend lunged forward you took a step back, only to end up tripping over your own two feet which caused you to lose balance.

Your heart skipped a beat as you quickly tried to grab hold of one of the racks closest to you, instead your back made rough contact with the one behind you. Pain shot through you while the rack itself tipped over and knocked into another rack. [Best Friend's Name] watched on in horror as a domino effect took place as the racks that were placed behind you were knocked into one another. All the dresses on them ripping at the sudden force that tugged on their fabric before the final rack was struck and tipped over onto a glass table that held expensive jewelry inside. You flinched as you heard glass shattering, shakily you looked behind you and paled at the mess that had been created.

"Fuck" you breathed out as you scrambled to stand and face your mess. You looked around at the nearby customers that stood there gawking at the damage. As if they couldn't believe the mess that had been created themselves. Taking a hesitant step back, you continued to slowly back away from the mess before your back had contacted something that stopped you in your tracks. "[Best Friend's Name]?" you lowly whimpered in hopes that it was indeed just you friend standing there in a horror-stricken daze and not any sign of authority.