Yang Lina did not remember which emotion finally made her leave the room. She remembered running out but that was it. Did she run because of disappointment? Embarrassment? Hurt? Or maybe it was a combination of all of those feelings. Her tears were still coursing down her cheeks as she dragged her feet towards the entrance of the mansion. This place had been home for more than twenty years, yet the people who live here just kicked her out as easy as kicking a ball out of the house. The people who lived here chose an evil woman over her. Based on this alone, Yang Lina found it logical that she should leave and go home. Leave the people who do not want her in their lives. Leave everyone who'd abandoned her. However, her heart was telling her a different thing.

All these years, Yang Lina had been very accustomed to using the Yang Family's prestige as a justification for her actions. If the Yang Family announced that they would no longer associate themselves with Yang Lina, she was sure that this would wreak havoc in her life and those of the Xuan Family.

She had lost her backing. She then recalled Lily's words during their confrontation at the coffee shop.

'If I target your family, you will be nothing. Just as Xuan Hui will be nothing once you are dead.'

The viciousness in Lily's eyes seemed to stick into her mind, making her remember it at times like this. Did Lily plan all of this ahead of time? How was she able to predict that she would be abandoned by her family? Then the second sentence that Lily uttered flew into her mind:

'Just as Xuan Hui will be nothing once you are dead.'

Is Lily planning to kill her? Yang Lina immediately swallowed her non-existent saliva before she dialed Xuan Zengmo's number. However, he was unreachable at the moment. She immediately tried calling his secretary but she was informed that Xuan Zengmo was having a very important meeting with the other legislators. The secretary also advised her to call in the afternoon after the meeting has ended.

Yang Lina instantly clenched her teeth as she finally walked out of the mansion, her mind in shambles. For some reason, she had a very bad premonition as she thought about Lily's divide and conquer plan.

Lily had already divided them... Is she going to carry out the conquering part of her plan now?

....

Chapter 207: Psychological Problems

Yang Lina immediately tried to call Xuan Hui to ask him not to do anything drastic. Now that Yang Lina is sure that Lily is targeting Xuan Hui, she's decided to go back to Hong Kong to protect her son. Unbeknownst to her, Lily has already laid down a trap for Yang Lina.

Hong Kong is just a few hours drive from the Yang Mansion in Mainland China. Throughout the ride, Yang Lina was thinking of a way to get back at Lily. Since the Yang Family has already abandoned her, she needs a new method to deal with a woman like Lily. Of course, using Tang Lingyun was her first plan. Or maybe she could attempt to dispose of Lily. Realistically, that would be hard to do with Zhuo Jingren around.

"Why did you stop?" Yang Lina asked her driver when she noticed the deceleration of the car.

"Police officers," the driver answered shortly, making Yang Lina look at the uniformed men approaching their car. Right now Yang Lina was still in China, but she was about to cross the border between China and Hong Kong. It is normal for various authorities to police this segment near the border, however, Yang Lina couldn't help but wonder why these men would stop her.

"Is there a problem?" she immediately asked the moment she opened the window of her car.

"Good Morning. Can you please show us some proof of your identity?" the police officer respectfully said.