Gifts

In the end, she sent out her gifts. Melanie couldn't find the time to meet with them, since a few days from now would be the Sunset Festival.  

'Ahh, too bad I didn't personally send the gifts.' Melanie thought.

She had sent the gifts with a letter, since valentines doesn't exist there... she just made up an excuse saying that it was a celebration held in a far country.

At the same time, she apologized for leaving early the last time they met. 

Excluding Zyn, in the letter it just said "Tnx for everything, send me the meds soon."

But, she still has a few more gifts she can personally give.

Melanie gave a wrapped box that was as big as her hand to Chloe.

"My lady, what is this?" She tilted her head.

"It's for you." 

"Pardon? Why would my lady-" 

"In a far away country, this day is called valentines. It's to give gifts and celebrate with those you love. So accept it." Melanie smiled.

Chloe, being very emotional, teared up and wheeped. "I'll forever stay by your side my lady! You are truly kind!"

Melanie laughed outloud, "Calm down~" she said.

She glanced to her side and saw a three more wrapped gifts.

"Chloe, where's father?" Melanie asked.

"He's in his study, my lady." She replied.

Melanie grabbed a wrapped gift, and headed to the Marquess' study. 

She knocks a few times, "Come in." He responded.

After entering the wide room, filled with bookshelves and maps... 

"What brings you here?" The marquess asks, as he wore his reading glasses.

He looked extremely haggard, his dark circles worsened and his wrinkles were showing more.

Melanie hid the present on her back. "Just visiting... what are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm currently preparing for the upcoming sunset festival. His highness asked for some assistance, for the first time." The Marquess chuckled a bit.

It would be a surprise, Peter doesn't ask for much help. That's why he's struggling.

"Well father..." Melanie approached him. She placed a wrapped box infront of him.

"What is this?" He asked.

"A gift, I hope you like it." She said before leaving the room abruptly.

She was quite embarrassed to share a gift, since she's never done it before.

If it's through sending it over another house, it'll be fine... But since Melanie personally gave it she doesn't really know how to react.

Melanie scurried back to her room, to get the last two gifts.

Meanwhile, the Marquess unwrapped his gift.

He opened the case, and revealed a shiny golden pocket watch.

A few weeks ago, Melanie and her father dined together. The Marquess expressed his distress about losing his pocket watch during the expedition.

Even though the Marquess might seem like a cold person, he was extremely touched by the gift and started sobbing.

He recalled her illness, and suddenly felt determined to do something.

"Lucas!" He called his aid.

"Yes my lord?" He replied.

"Send this to Zyn." He gave a letter he wrote in just a minute.

...

The cases Melanie had were quite heavy, it occupied both of her arms and she struggled to walk.

"Master!!" Ethan ran up to her.

"Let us help you~" Evan grabbed a case while Ethan grabbed the other.

"Hmm, those gifts are for you two." She said all of a sudden.

"Wha!?" They said harmoniously.

"Mana swords, they looks similar but they are different. Figure out who will get which." She explained.

The three of them go to a nearby gazebo and placed the cases on a table.

They both opened the cases at the same time, Ethan had the indigo-mana sword, whilst Evan had the cyan-mana sword.

"Try it out." Melanie excitedly said.

They both picked up the sword, but something felt wrong.

"This feels a bit uncomfortable." Evan said.

"I agree, I feel a bit weak holding this." Ethan responded.

"Hm, how about you two switch swords?" Melanie said.

They nodded while switching swords.

!!!

Both of their swords radiated mana, Melanie quickly moved further away to prevent getting hurt.

"Ah!" Ethan gave a bright expression.

It seems like the swords found their owners.

"And it seems like we found the selfish one out of the two" Melanie mumbled to herself.

While Evan was happily waving his sword around.

"Can we really have this master??" Ethan said.

Melanie was quite a distance away from them, the gave them a thumbs up from afar and shouted, "USE IT WELL!!"

"I wonder why she suddenly gave us gifts...?" Ethan asked.

"Is she going...to die soon?" Evan responded.

Their eyes turn teary as they glance to Melanie who was dumbfounded.

"MASTER!!!" They said as they run to her.

"?!?!" Melanie was flustered.