PROLOGUE

Suffocate - Hayd

I was looking at his photo, where he was six feet under to where I am standing. I look at the sky to keep my tears from falling, it's been years, but the pain never fades.

The sun is already setting, the color of the sky were blending that makes it breathtaking. I placed the flowers near to his photo, and let the little card open beside it.

"Hi," I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and look away, "I can't stay longer, you know that she's now waiting for me at home right?" My voice cracked, "I'll visit you next Sunday, 'kay?"

I tightened the grip of my purse as I slowly walk away from his new home, my tears fell miserably, I miss him so much. I didn't turn around, cause I knew if I did, I would lose it.

I was near in the parking lot when she went out of the car and ran to me, I cried on her shoulder when she embraced me, she knew that I needed this now. She gently taps my back, whispering that I'll be fine, that she's here for me.

The sky was dark when we left there, she didn't drive me straight to home, she knew that I wouldn't let my daughter see me at this state.

Hininto niya ang sasakyan malapit sa dagat, binuksan niya ang pinto ko at hinawakan ang kamay ko. "Remember this place?" Elli asked.

Napairap ako sa kaniya dahilan ng pagtawa niya, isa ang lugar na 'to sa palagi naming pinupuntahan noon. "You accidentally slipped on the stairs the first time we went here right?" Paalala ko kaniya.

She made a "duh" look on her face " I don't remember that part honey"

Tiningnan namin kung saan nakalagay ang hagdan noong una pero wala na ito ngayon, we sit on the concrete barrier block near the sea instead, we didn't talk, both eyes were fix on the sea, the sound of waves are so calming, that made me feel better a bit.

It's been a month since we came back, the first day wasn't easy, but gladly I made it. My phone vibrated, I took it off and saw who's calling.

[Where are you?] He asked promptly as soon I answered his call, I can even feel the disappointment on his voice.

"I'm with Elli, don't worry"

[Papa! Is that Mama? Is she going home na?] I heard my daughter asking him.

My lips curved into a smile when I heard her voice.  "Pauwi na kami, just let her watch her fave movie for a while, I'll  be home in ten minutes"

Tumayo na ako at nilahad ang kamay ko kay Elli na agad din naman niyang hinawakan at tumayo na rin, uupo na sana siya sa driver seat nang pigilan ko siya.

Worried was written on her face "Yarra..."

I smiled to assure her that it's fine "I'll be good, besides, you're with me"

Hinayaan niyang ako ang magmaneho, ni hindi nawala ang tingin niya sa akin kaya hindi ko mapigilang hindi mapailing. Kung hindi dahil sa kaniya, hindi ko alam kung nasaan ako ngayon.

Dahan-dahan kong ipinarada ang sasakyan niya sa labas ng bahay ni Santi, nakahinga ako ng maluwang nang tinanggal ko 'yong susi. "Elli..." Tawag ko sa kaniya habang nakatuon pa rin ang atensyon sa manibela, "I made it" I told her, almost whispered.