Chapter 6: The Party

Esme arrives home after leaving Eriks house. She is confused, and gloomy! Why did Erik never mentioned a brother? Why did he look so serious? Esme thinks. She enters her home and see's her mother sitting on the couch watching television, "Hey sweetie" Rebecca says, "Hi mom" Esme replies, "How was school" Rebecca says, "It was alright" Esme says in a upsetting voice, she takes a moment and a deep breath, "I'm gonna go do some homework" says Esme, "Ok hun" says Rebecca. Esme makes her way upstairs and into her bedroom, she closes her door and sets her bag down, she settles in for the afternoon. Erik is at home, he is mad about what happened earlier, he decides eating is the best to cool down. Erik leaves his room and heads downstairs, Jose enters through the door as he just came back from work, Erik stops a bit as he sees his father, Jose looks up at Erik "Going somewhere" he says, "I'm just heading out for a bit" Erik says as he steps down and makes his way out and into his car. Erik heads to North Hollywood, he finds himself in an alley, he parks his car and gets out, as he walks he sees a women smoking a cigarette, Erik makes a pause and thinks for a second, should he kill her or not! He insists on it and approaches the women, "Hi there" he says, the women just looks at Erik as she inhales "What do you want" she says, "Nothing, just wondering why a girl like you is out here all alone" he says, "Why do you care..you looking for something" she says, Erik knows that the women isn't interested in talking so he makes a move, "This will hurt only for a minute" he says, the women looks confused, Erik's eyes turn red and his fangs come out, the women's face turns terrified, Erik slashes his fangs into her throat so aggressively, the women starts screaming and try's to get Erik off of her. Erik continues to drink and drink the women's blood, he can't control himself, the women starts getting unconscious, but before she falls, Erik stops and lets go, his mouth and chin are covered in blood, he starts feeling guilty, the women sits down and cry's, Erik leans down and puts his hand on her chin, the women looks up scared, "Look at me" he says as he compels her to, Erik bites into his wrist as he bleeds out, "Drink this" he says as he puts his wrist against the women's mouth for her to drink, the women drinks and as she is drinking Eriks blood, her bite Mark on her neck slowly begins to heal completely. Erik moves his wrist away and looks closely at the women, the women looks at Erik, "I want you to forget what happened and that you saw me, you were smoking a cigarette and was ready to go back inside" Erik says as he compels the women. Erik runs to his car and drives away. The day goes by as sunset begins to fall down as night time approaches! Esme is in her room reading, suddenly her phone goes off, Esme heads to pick up her phone, "Hello" she says, "Esme.. where the hell are you" says Sarah on the other line, "Oh my god I completely forgot" says Esme, "What.. what do you mean forgot, I've been telling you all day today, get your butt over here" says Sarah, "I know I know, I'll be there in 10" says Esme as she hangs up. Steven knocks at Esme's door, "Come in" Esme says, "Hey I'm gonna head to the hospital, you got me right" says Steven, "No no yea of course, I got you brother" says Esme, "Thanks" replies Steven as he leaves, Esme prepares herself for the party and makes her way out. Erik arrives home, he parks in the drive away as he turns his car off, he doesn't feel like going inside so he thinks of what to do, then he remembers a group of teens talking about a party tonight a few days ago, he thinks Esme will be there. Erik decides to go to the party, he wants to clear up with Esme about her finding out about Lyle, Erik starts his car and makes his way to the party. Esme arrives at the party, she makes her way inside the house where everyone is, she looks around to find Sarah and Kate. "Ok one more shot" Sarah says to Kate, "Ok fine" says Kate as her and Sarah take a shot, Sarah looks over and sees Esme, "HEY ESME" says Sarah as she shouts and waves her hand, Esme sees Sarah and Kate, "Hey guys" she says, "Finally your here" says Sarah, "Hey Esme" says Kate, "Yup I'm here" says Esme. Daniel and Matt walk over to Kate, Sarah, and Esme, "Hey girls" says Matt, "Hey Matt" says Sarah and Kate, Daniel walks over awkwardly, "Hey guys" he says, Esme looks at Daniel, "Hey Esme" he says, "Hey Daniel" she says, the group stays quiet for a few seconds so awkwardly, "Who wants to dance" says Sarah, "Me" says Kate, "Same here" says Matt, the three start walking to the living room where everyone is at dancing, "You coming Esme" says Kate, Esme looks over at Kate, "Uh no thanks I'll just stay here" Esme says. Kate walks with Sarah and Matt where they are dancing. Daniel stays with Esme, they both feel awkward, "So where's Erik" says Daniel, "I don't know.. I don't wanna talk about it" Esme says uncomfortably, "Did something happen" says Daniel questionably, "No just....he never told me he had a brother and earlier today, I just found out" says Esme, "Oh I'm sorry to hear, maybe you two aren't just there yet.. you know, where you talk about things" says Daniel, "Yea, your right" says Esme, "I'm gonna drink, you should probably join them" says Esme, "I don't want to, I wanna stay here" Daniel says, "It's ok really, you don't have to" Esme replies, Daniel nods his head as he joins Kate, Sarah, and Matt, he decides to leave Esme alone as she doesn't feel the need to talk. Esme decides to drink beer, she drinks about 5 cups, as she's feeling down. Lyle is in downtown Beverly Hills, he has gotten out of the South Grill for a couple drinks. Lyle stands outside the Grill gazing, a group of teens walk pass him talking, "You guys heading to the party" one of the teens say, "Who's party is it" says the other teen, "Some guy named Derek, he goes to Beverly Hills High" says the teen, "I'm down" says the other teen, "Alrighty let's go." Lyle overlooks and hears them, "I guess to the party it is" he says, as he decides to go the party. Erik arrives to the party, he parks his car and makes his way inside. Kate and Sarah get tired of dancing and decide to chill and drink for a bit, they leave Matt hanging but then he finds a girl to dance with. The girls head over to the kitchen where they see Esme, "Heyy" Sarah says, "Hey guys" Esme says, "You ok Esme" says Kate who's concerned for Esme, "Yep all good" Esme says drunkly, "You sure" Kate says, Esme looks over at Kate, and puts her hand on her shoulder, "Everything is all gooodd" Esme says with a smile, "Let's take some shots" Sarah says, "Yes" Esme says happy. The girls are taking one shot after another, as they enjoy the night.