{14} The Imprisoned

Start from the beginning

✦✦✦---------------✦✦✦

I run back to the gates that lead to the Sacred Flame of Eldin. I push them open, and I find a wounded Link. I run over to him, and support him while he's making an attempt to stand up. "Hey! Hey, what happened?" I ask, and Link turns his head to me. I see a nasty wound on his forehead, and I examine him for any other injuries. "G-Ghirahim. Fight. Trap," I knew it. This was Ghirahim's game. Luring me away, so he could battle Link. Of course, without getting his hands dirty, so that's why he sent those Bokoblins after Ledd, knowing that I would go and save him, so he could have Link for himself. It makes so much sense, and if I have to be honest, it was quite a clever trick, a dirty game. One only the Demon Lord would play. I sigh. "You were right, Link, it was a trap. I saved Ledd the mogma from burning to his death in a lake of lava. Ghirahim knew we were coming and he knew we were after the flames," I sigh, and I support him while we walk into the room where the Sacred Flame resides. "This is the last one," I say softly. "But, you actually never told me why we need the flames?" I ask Link. Link sighs, pulls his sword out, and sits down on the ground, while Fi pipes up and starts talking stuff about an ancient message the Goddess left for Link. "I need to find them, to activate the last Gate of Time, to travel to the place where Zelda is right now," Link explains. "You weren't there, because I left you, but in the Lanayru Dessert, where another Gate of Time stood, Impa, an agent of the Goddess who protects and guides Zelda, leaded her towards it to travel to another time, if that makes sense. Ghirahim tried to stop them, but I was faster, and drove him away. Since then, Ghirahim searched for another Gate of Time, and now, he's found it. Or that's what he says. However, the last Gate of Time stands in the Sealed Temple," Link continues, and I try to remember a Gate of Time, but my mind stays blank. "I need the flames to purify my sword, to enhance it. I have to prove that I'm courageous, wise, and strong, and only then I'll be worthy of the sword," Link concludes, and he sighs again. "But right now... I'm just tired. How many times do I have to beat that annoying asshole? Does he ever know how to stop?" Link says with a irritated voice. "No. He won't stop," I say, and Link looks at me. "How do you know?" I let out a bitter laugh. "Because he and I... We have a lot in common. And I don't know if that's positive or negative, but one thing is for sure; we don't know how to quit,"

✦✦✦---------------✦✦✦

After Link recovered thanks to the enchanted water in the spring right behind the temple, we make our way to the Sealed Temple. "Before we arrive, I have to tell you something," Link shouts at me while we soar through the fluffy clouds. "Ah?" Link scratches the back of his head. "Ehm... Remember Groose?" he asks, and I nod. "That idiot who hid your Loftwing the other day, huh?" Link nods, before continuing. "Yeah... Well, he also jumped into the portal to the Faron Woods, and eh... He's down there too, now," I stare at him with disbelief. "You're joking, right?" Link shakes his head. "Nope, No joke! You'll see!" We dive into the portal, and land just behind the temple. When I open the door, I am, just like Link said, greeted by Groose's face. "Ah! Selena! What a pleasure meeting you here!" he greets me, and I give him a stern nod as a greeting. I haven't forgotten about his pranks and bullying, so excuse me if I'm being cold towards this prick. "I see you've returned. Ah, yes, that sword... It now holds the power that's needed to open the Gate of Time," the old lady greets us. Before me stands a slab of stone I haven't noticed earlier. "Hit it with the Skyward Strike, then I'm sure it will activate," he old lady guides Link. He nods, and raises his sword skyward. The next moment, the ground starts to rumble, and I almost fall to the ground. "Oh no. I suspect the seal has given away again! The monster is freeing itself once more! We have to hurry!" the old lady alarms us, and I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about. Monster? Seal? However, Link and Groose seem to know what's going on, and they sprint outside the gates of the temple. I give the old lady a questioning look, but she waves that I have to follow the others. When I step outside, the first thing I notice is the enormous rails that surrounds the pit of the Sealed Grounds. I also see some kind of catapult, which is loaded with bombs, and directed by Groose. "See that, Selena? I built that! Now this sucker can get blasted!" Groose says with pride, and I stick upp my thumbs. I walk over to the edge of the pit, where Link just jumped down to the center of the pit. I look over the edge, and see at least a hundred of meters down, black smoke. A patern lights up in the middle of the pit, and I see Link grabbing his sword and shield. I also take hold of my bow, just in case I need to aid him. Suddenly, the ground stops to rumble, and I wonder why. Then, I get my answer. Out of the patern, I assume the 'seal' the old lady was talking about, rises a giant behemoth. It looks like a mouth with razor sharp teeth, two pair of feet, pitch black scales and arms. "What?! Last time it didn't have arms!" I hear Groose scream. "Link! If he tries to climb up, just call for me! I will fire a bomb to stop him!" Groose calls for Link, and I see Link wave that he understood. I almost jump down the pit too, but the old lady stops me. "Let Link handle this. He can do this. You help Groose and fire your arrows from up here," she commands me, and I follow her orders. I climb up the rails, and ready an arrow. Link smashes the -apparently blob-like- toes of the monster, and it falls on its back. Link strikes the seal that was planted in the head of the monster deeper in, and then, the monster rises again, and the whole thing starts over. I fire as much arrows as I can, and they sure do damage, but not as much as I wish. After what feels like forever, the monster is slayed, and is pushed back into its seal. Link makes sure the seal will hold a little longer, and he returns to us. Groose, the old lady and I run over to congratulate him on succeeding, and he waves it away. "I couldn't have done it without you, guys," he smiles, and the old lady pipes up. "Well done, all three of you. Sadly, there is no time to celebrate right now. I suspect that we only bought ourselves a little more time, but that the monster will free itself anytime soon, again," she speaks with a serious tone. We nod. "When that happens, we'll be ready," I say, and the boys nod. "Now, it's time to look for Zelda," Link agrees, and he strikes the slab of stone with a Skyward Strike. It lights up, and starts to transform into an alarm clock. The bright blue and purple colors are stunning, but Link doesn't seem to pay much attention to it. "Tell Zelda I said 'What's up?' Okay?" Groose asks Link before he leaves the temple. Link nods. "Go!" I encourage him, and Link opens the gate, and travels to another time. We stay behind, and I walk outside, to the pit where we just defeated the black monster. Where we just defeated the spirit of Demise. 

✦✦✦---------------✦✦✦

Like I said, I didn't think I would be uploading so soon, lol. I hope you enjoyed, because I sacrificed my sleep for u guys. Just joking, I absolutely love to write this story, and I hope you enjoy! 

Another random fact, I have the opinion that the Imprisoned looks like a black slipper. 

'Till next chapter!

Toodles, ZilverSong