~ONE

Marcus's P

Marcus's P.O.V.

A working Sunday, what a fantastic day!!

Even though I love my work but Sundays are especially for Starla. She is supposed to be with her mother today, but I can't leave her alone with Susan, so I asked Sarah to babysit Starla even if Susan is there, I just don't trust her with Starla and I will never. 

She even texted me that Susan came half an hour ago. I know Starla would be disappointed that our day turned out like this not both of us together, so to make it up to her I bought her cake from the café. Just like she like Vanilla but chocolate toppings, she loves it.  Most 6-year-old girls love all Chocolate cakes but my Starla is different. 

DING! We live on the fourth floor, there are only two flats on a floor, and one is taken by us only while the other one was supposed to have their new owners by today. I guess they are here, I hear a few shuffling from the open door, while a few boxes are kept at the door. 

I inserted my keys at my shut door and twisted my keys and opened the door of my apartment. "Daddy!" After I shut the door and kept the keys and the cake at the stand next to the door. Meanwhile, Starla latched onto my legs. I picked her up, she was dressed in a yellow top with butterflies on it, and they are her favorite, with black jean shorts, she looked too cute even for her good, she's going to now face my tickle monster now. 

Unlike other days when I come back home from work, she didn't tell me about her day but wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her head between my neck and head. 

"What happened my baby?" Starla is now face-to-face me, it was like she was hiding from the world when she had her face buried. 

"She is bad." 

"Who Baby? Tell me what happened? Why is my princess sad?"

"Susan, she is bad-"

"Honey how many times I have told you to call her mom, she's your mother."

"No, I don't want to, she is bad. Today Aunt Sarah bought me a ball, and after that Susan came and then she talked with Aunt Sarah for some time and then she was talking to me when her phone rang, so I went back to play with the toy cars that you gave me last Christmas, the red one. And somehow the ball went at her back and my car crashed into the ball, and it popped! Susan got scared while she was still on phone and she got angry and called me something like 'spoiled brat?' Aunt Sarah went to drop her till downstairs just before you came."

Her eyes were big, doe-shaped, and watery as if she understood what spoiled brat meant but she is nothing like that she is the most obedient child that I have ever come across.

"Starla baby doesn't take her words to heart, you are my precious princess, aren't you?"

 She nodded her head at me "Also it wasn't your fault, now time for tickling monster!!" And she squealed as I started ticking her, I carried her to the couch, still ticking her.

"STOP" 

"Daddy Stop"

I did stop, she jumped on the couch next to me standing upon it. She once again circled her arms around my neck and hugged me and whispered, "I love You, Daddy" 

After a while, Sarah came back and the three of us had dinner when I remembered about the neighbors. "Have you met the new neighbors yet?" I asked Sarah

"Nah, I am not even going to, I am going back, too much for a Sunday." 

I get it Susan can be a handful. As Sarah was going Starla voiced from the living room "Bye Aunt Sarah."

"Bye Baby, you brought cake?"

"Yeah, for Starla."

"Cool, I'm going, even though I love cakes but I'm on dieting, bye." She opened the door and shut it.

"Starlaaaa, you want to go and meet the new neighbors?" She stood up and jumped up down clapping her hands "yes, yes, yes"

"Let's go meet the new neighbors then Hmm?"

"Okay"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Daddy, come on now?" Laughing I held my hand out for her to hold my hand for her, she took it almost immediately.

"Let's go then."

Don't forget to Vote and Comment