The Fallen, Vampyre & The Demon, Observant

Start from the beginning

Bard frowned, "It would be." He agreed, "If we weren't completely out of food." Aurora's eyes seemed to widen a bit. "We can't be." She said coolly, "Sebastian and I made certain we would have more than enough food. The two of us-"

"I know." Bard cut her off. "You guys bought plenty."

Aurora felt his eyes burning into her, and folded her arms over her chest, suddenly felt self conscious of herself. "Just because Sebastian and I... were a thing, doesn't mean we didn't get our fair share of work done." She blurted, palms squeezing onto her upper arms and nails digging deep into the skin. 

The chef frowned, looking somewhat sympathetic. "Not accusing the two of you of anything, it's just that Lord Grey seems to be eating everything in sight." Aurora scoffed at the mention of the man donned in white attire, "That man deserves a good thrashing for what he just did to Sebastian."

That made all eyes narrow at her. "He did what to Sebastian?"

Aurora sighed, "He kicked him in the face. And prepared to do it again. He did it right in front of me. If the young lord hadn't been there, I really would have become a murderer." Her silver blue eyes narrowed then, a darkened shadow coming over them. "Whoever killed him deserves what's coming to them..." 

The room fell quiet.

A deep breath escaped the housekeeper's lips, "I'm sorry... I'm just not myself right now... I need to sit down." She sunk into the rickety wooden stool beside the table, hands clutching her head tightly, as if there was immense pain to do the action. Mey-Rin frowned, sharing a glance with the other two servants.

"No food... Except beans and vegetables What can we make with beans and vegetables?" Aurora mumbled to herself, repeatedly, bumping her head into her fist, trying to wrack her brain for ideas.

A curt knock on the door disrupted her train of thought. The housekeeper grit her teeth while the other servants panicked. 

"No way, it better not be that guy in white again!"

"Shh! Let's pretend we're not here!"

Another knock, this time accompanied with a voice. "Hello? Won't you open the door?"

"Jeremy?" Finny asked, going to open the door straight away. Aurora moaned as the young gardener opened the door. "I regret to inform you, Monsieur Rathbone, that if you are looking to find something to eat, sir, we have nothing aside from vegetables." 

She glanced at the chef suddenly. "How about ratatouille? We could manage that, could we not?" Jeremy chuckled, "I am afraid you would require a couple more ingredients." Aurora glared at him, then looked to the gardener. "Finny? Could you run out to the garden and gather anything you can find?" She nodded to Mey-Rin. "You should go as well, just to watch out for him." 

They ran out, one after another, almost looking like a pair of children. The moment the two were gone, she hummed to herself and Bard watched her with some concern as she began to pace the kitchen, mumbling quietly in French and another language he couldn't quite place. 

Jeremy frowned, "Does something trouble her? Aside from the butler's death?" He asked quietly. Bard sighed, "She's runnin' things now. She's never done anything alone, considering that Sebastian took care of most everything."

The housekeeper was murmuring in frenzied French, and Jeremy frowned. "You have beans, do you not?" He mentioned, "Why not make Hamburg steaks with those?" The housekeeper's eyes snapped up at the idea. "Bean steaks!" She gasped, "Why didn't I think of that?!" 

She looked at Bard, "Go get the other two, we need these steaks done in time for dinner!" The chef saluted her. "Yes, ma'am!" When he was gone, the blonde glared at Jeremy suspiciously.