#WUM25

#WUM25

Naging busy si Chique sa kusina para magluto pero kahit ganoon ay sinusubukan niya akong kuwentuhan habang nakaupo ako sa sofa.

She was talkative like her son but it wasn't annoying.

I excused myself to use the bathroom when I needed to pee. After washing my hand, I went out and walked through the hallway. Nakaawang iyong pinto ng music room kaya narinig ko ang boses ni Hesperus.

"Let's get out, Jax. Is Sorcha's still around?"

My brow moved when I heard that. I knew that he was kinda easy but not this much. Why would he ask about me? Are we close? No.

Ajax laughed. "Stop being annoying, man."

"Huh? I'm not gonna annoy the girl! Come on!"

"Just focus on what we need to do here. Huwag mo na isiping lumandi," natatawa ang malalim na boses ni Ajax at narinig ko ang tunog ng gitara. "Here, put a mark—"

"I'm not planning to flirt! What's wrong wit' you? You don't trust me now? I just wanna tryna be friends with her, that's all. Didn't you see her? She looks pretty lonely."

Doubtful. I wouldn't believe some ass. Ano namang pakialam niya kung mukhang lonely ako?

"I didn't say anything. I just want you to focus on arranging our new song instead of playing around. You're just wasting time," Ajax said plainly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Wasting time... Not like I wanted to be approached but that was a bit offending to hear.

"Fine! Whatever, boring focused-kid!" Hesperus snorted. "I just can't believe she's coming here and she's friends with Tita. I should visit often! I like her aura so much, she seems so challenging and hot especially up close—"

Ajax just laughed that cut him off and the guitar strums volumed up. "Ayusin mo na lang muna 'tong notes, dali!"

Hesperus groaned lazily.

My forehead creased. He sounded cool with everything, huh? I wasn't expecting him to react like he didn't care knowing that he likes me.

Are we okay today? Did I offend him when I yanked his hand earlier? Nagtampo ba siya roon?

Why does he sound unbothered? Isn't that bothering to hear from his friend? Or annoying?

Medyo bumigat ang dibdib ko sa mga napansin. Nainis ako kaya bumalik na ako sa sala nila Chique upang magpakalma. Hindi rin ako nagtagal at nagpaalam na kailangan ko na muna umuwi. She just let me take a food to eat later and told me to come back anytime I want.

Ajax didn't get out once. I was annoyed but I couldn't tell. Naiinis ako kasi parang wala siyang pake at hindi ko alam kung bakit ganoon siya ngayon.

What's his problem? I shouldn't be thinking about it but I was bothered.

I sighed heavily and bit my lips together.

Should I text him? No. It wouldn't be me. Pumikit ako ng mariin at marahang pinalo ang pisngi ko. This is what I don't like about the fucking affection. It was a bothersome.

My cellphone rang while I was unlocking my room's door. I didn't bother looking who—I just answered the call without talking first.

"Hera's with you all this time?! Did you brainwash her to be a bad one like you? You desperate, ungrateful girl! Kick Hera out and push her away before she gets bad luck!" it was Mom's vicious voice that stunned me.

Again, I was lost for words. Hearing her voice and words were enough to make me feel weak. My hands trembled as I rested my forehead on the door. My chest was heaving by seconds. It was painful.