Part 19 - Kidnapped!

ابدأ من البداية

"Uh, yes, what-?" Amy's question was cut short as Nutmeg suddenly pulled out her phone and faced away from them.

"Can you hold on a sec? I have to take this call." The Head Mistress briskly strode away without awaiting her answer, putting her phone to her ear.

"Well jeez, fine..." The Sonic-obsessed fan rolled her eyes before turning her attention to the trainee beside her. "Hi, Eclipse! I don't believe we've met?"

"We did just now." The alien was curt with her as well, but he cast a sheepish glance after the Head Mistress. "Come on, I can take you to the library."

"Thank you!" Relief and gratitude shone on the hedgehog's face as she followed him down the hallway. "Is Nutmeg always this... short with people?"

"When she's stressed, yes." Eclipse lied. In truth, he knew who really hid beneath the squirrel's guise, but it still felt odd seeing the chipper counselor be so rude.

The two passed the Savage sisters in the hall, who gave them puzzled smiles.

"Hi, Amy." Cyanic exchanged confused looks with Scarlet as the two slowed their walk. "What are you doing here?"

"Nutmeg assigned me to be Eclipse's private tutor." The pink hedgehog was suddenly shy around them. "Why, is there something wrong?"

"Cool, cool." Scarlet replied coolly, crossing her arms as she glanced further down the hall. "Nothing's wrong. Where are you headed to?"

Amy paused her walk as well, fidgeting with her golden bracelets. "The library. Eclipse's showing me the way. Nutmeg said Valorie would be there in case I needed further directions."

"Batanna should be there as well." The cyan counselor commented. "If you could, would you mind telling them to meet with us in the main lobby?"

"Of course! See you around, ladies." The pink hedgehog resumed her walk to the library, following Eclipse's lead. Something odd was going on, but she had no idea what it could be. Both the counselors had been strangely formal with her, and Eclipse was walking as though he dreaded their destination. Amy sighed and shook her head to clear it. Surely there was no correlation.

Cyanic and Scarlet arrived at the lobby and stood in the center of the room for a moment, before the blue hedgehog whipped out her phone and began texting the other Head Counselors. After a few minutes, the others showed up.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Batanna soared through the air before landing lightly beside the sisters.

Valorie caught up, examining their tense demeanors with concern. "Hey guys. We bumped into Amy and Mr. Slick on our way here. What's up?"

"Nothing serious, Sonic just wanted to have another group outing with us." Cyanic chirped, relaxing as she recognized the honesty in her friends' faces. "All we need is Nutmeg, and we can go."

"Did she temporarily hire Amy so she could come with us or something?" The she-fox puzzled over it. "I'm slightly confused about that."

"Why don't we ask her at the get-together?" The lavender bat suggested, smiling as the Head Mistress approached the group.

"Good morning, girls!" Nutmeg's grin seemed more or less genuine as she greeted the Head Counselors. "Where are we headed?"

"Metropolis City's Mall!" Cyanic announced. "Ray and Mighty will be there!"

"What about Shadow and Infinite?" Valorie asked, but the blue hedgehog just shrugged.

"He didn't say if they'd be there. Besides, eight's a crowd already."