Fighting For You

(Your POV)

I stare at Bendy. His hands are shaking, he's coughing up ink, he can hardly breathe.

"You'll (cough) be okay (cough) (Y/N)." He says, slowly sliding his feet across the floor. Inching towards me.

"Bendy—" I'm cut off by Joey holding me in a chokehold position that uses his whole arm, so my throat is resting on his elbow. I gasp, bringing my hands to his arm, trying to let some air into my lungs.

"No!" He breathes, taking a long and awkward step towards us, holding the sword to Joey's face. "Let her (cough) go."

"I-Its okay." I wheeze, looking at him. I try and smile. He looks at me with a face full of horror.

"Last chance." He says, coughing again and holding the blade to Joey's cheek.

"Let me take her..." He says, tightening his grip on my throat making me wheeze and gasp for air. My vision goes blurry. "...And she might live."

I hear a clang of metal on the floor and Joey loosens his grip. I take a long gasp of air, trying to refill my lungs. I take some more breaths, my body limp.

I realize I'm leaning into Joey's arms. One is across my torso, hand on my waist. The other, his forearm is across my collarbone, and his hand holds my shoulder.

Disgusting.

"Let her (cough) go (cough) now." Bendy says. I can't see him, I'm leaning over so far.

"Not quite yet." He says. Listening, it sounds like he's smiling. "I have big plans for her. Big dreams."

"You bastard—" Bendy begins, but he's cut off by Joey lifting his leg and kicking him. Bendy erupts into a coughing fit, and I hear his body hit the ground.

"Bendy!" I say looking at where the thud came from.

He's sprawled on the floor, ink coming up and out of his mouth. He clutches his stomach, and I see him shuddering.

Tears spring up in my eyes.

I didn't want this.

I told him it's okay.

Besides, I've wanted to die for a while.

I've been living a blissful lie for so long, an illusion created by hope. Hoping for a normal life.

But it's never going to happen, I know that.

Ran away from home because of an alcoholic and murderous "father", taken in by a retired animator, and now I'm in love with a hellish version of his character?

I can't live like this anymore.

I hear Bendy hack, bringing up a huge clump of ink. My tears start to flow down my face.

He hurts himself so badly for me, I don't want him to do that anymore.

If I die, he won't have to get hurt. He'll be fine.

He won't be in danger anymore, and I'll have what I wanted.

It's okay.

"(Y/N)..." Bendy groans, then hacks up more ink. Joey nods his head towards the creatures behind Bendy, and they all grab him and force him up on his knees.

His face is paler than before, and his head hangs. So does the rest of his body, other than his legs, which still could collapse at any second. The only thing holding his torso up are the things behind him.

He looks so weak.

I sniff, and let more tears fall down my face.

"I (cough) love you (wheeze, cough) so (cough) much." He struggles to say.