𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶

Start from the beginning

The male turned, cocky smirk ever so set on his face. "Why the mood? On your period or something?"

Your smile dropped.

"You'll wish that was all it was when I'm done with you," you snarled. "Now, what the fuck was that stunt at the festival?"

"What stunt?" he questioned, a nervous laugh following the sentence. "Gotta be more specific, madamoiselle."

"Maybe I haven't told you to stop with the pet names, doesn't change the fact that they're stupid and so are you. You know what I'm talking about."

"Look, sweetheart-" You glared at him. "-Y/n. Sure, whatever. What happened with Tubbo, the old Tubs, it was necessary. To further the growth of this nation-"

"Further the growth this, further the growth that," you chuckled. "Cut the bullshit. You're a power-hungry dickhead who cares more about his daily drink than his people. And I'm done dealing with it."

"Y/n, that's not it," he denied. "You're just overreacting."

"Don't even," you said lowly. "You lost the privilege of 'overreacting' when you killed a sixteen-year-old for trying to help his friend."

"And his friend so happens to be this nation's enemy. What happened to patriotism? Being proud of your country?" he mocked.

"This isn't my country," you shot back. "The moment you exiled Wilbur and Tommy, it wasn't."

"I was doing what was right-"

"No, no, no. You don't get to judge what's 'right' or what's 'wrong'. Not after all the things you've done."

You opened the door to the hallway and left the room, making your way down to the White House's entrance.

"Oh, and Alex," you said lightly. "No, come out, I want to you to look me in the eyes when I say this."

The ravenette cautiously peeked his head out from around a corner before standing fully in your view. Judging by the utterly terrified look on his face, you guessed that he had heard your whole discussion with Schlatt.

"Think about whose side you want to be on. And know I'm not going to hold back if you choose the wrong one."

With that, you exited the White House for the final time.

-----

"How'd it go?"

"I don't think I've ever felt better in my whole life," you declared, a bounce in your step as you walked with Niki.

"I'm glad." Niki gave you a smile. "I've pinged Wilbur, told him we're walking now."

You nodded, eyes drifting around the forest. The nighttime view reminded you of your life before L'manberg. Though it was certainly not ideal, you almost envied past you. She didn't have to think about relationships. Or, y'know, wars.

"So, um, what do you think you're going to do when you see them again?" Niki asked.

"If I were a normal person, I'd hug them and ramble about how much I missed them. But - knowing me - I'd probably just stand awkwardly there." You two shared a small laugh. "How 'bout you?"

"Gosh, I don't know," she said wistfully. "I'd just be so excited, I wouldn't know what to do. It'll be weird living with them again."

"Yeah," you agreed, "especially with Tommy."

Niki giggled. "Wait, have I ever told you about the carrot incident?"

"Carrot incident?"

"Oh my gosh, ok, I have to tell you then. So, one day, I asked him to help me with harvesting carrots for the bakery. But obviously, Tommy being Tommy, he fools around the whole time and barely gets any harvesting done. I get kinda fed up, and I tell him to be quiet or I would stick a carrot in his mouth. He says, and I quote, 'Watch me bitch!' and shoves a whole carrot right down his throat."

"No," you gaped.

Niki nodded with a laugh. "He started to choke after that. I really don't know what he was expecting."

"That lowkey reminds me. This one time..."

You and Niki joked together for the whole walk there, making up for lost time. She jumped slightly when she realized where you were.

"Let me check one more time... yup! These should be the coordinates of the entrance, but I can't see anything much."

You ran a hand along the surface of the hilly area before finding an almost unnoticeable bump in the ground. Curiously, you tugged at it and heard a loud scratch of rock against rock. It was too heavy for you to lift up fully.

"Niki, mind giving me a hand?" The female went over to you, grabbing near the same spot you did. "Thanks."

The two of you, together, lifted the heavy thing out of place and to the side, revealing a cavernous tunnel.

"Well, this is it," you said. "Be my guest."

Niki nervously took a step into the tunnel, almost tripping and holding her free arm out for balance. She carefully went down into it, almost disappearing from your view.

"C'mon! I think I see something," she called, turning back for a second.

You followed her into the darkness, her lantern the only thing illuminating the walls around you. Soon enough, you came across a door carved into the stone and stood in front of it, hesitating slightly.

"You ready?" you asked.

"As ever." Niki pushed the door open.

-----

1414 words (without a/n)

Header by @/calwasfound on Tumblr

I'm posting this way too late to be good for my health but hush hush stable sleep schedules are overrated. Soooo, anyways, thank you all for reading! I hope you liked all the chaos this chapter, if you did, please drop a vote! I'll see you soon, goooooodbye!

-Partially Human