Chapter 18

As a couple of days went by, Ako and Star would argue over whether or not they should fight in her place.
"Do you even know where she is?" Mimi interrupted the two women as she took a bite of her eggs and the two stopped to think about her question. "Actually, I don't know where she is." Star replied with a loud sigh and sat back in her chair. She was annoyed with the pace that her magic was returning. She could only do very small things and had yet to turn back into her dragon form. She rubbed her eyes with annoyance before she looked over to the bookshelf and concentrated on making some of the books float around.
Oidoas glanced up from the couch, "You seem to be getting a bit better at the magic you can currently do." He set his book aside and stood up, making his way over to the table, "I understand that you believe that fighting Velvet will make everything better but I think maybe you should just forgive and forget." Star looked at him as she frowned slightly "Why would I forgive her?" "Sometimes it's better to just move on instead of hanging onto the past." He sat down at the table and gave Ako a gentle kiss on her cheek before he began to cut up the sausage on his plate. Jazu looked up from his meal and narrowed his eyes "Is that what you would do if your brother had been murdered?" Oidoas pointed his knife at the male "This has nothing to do with me." "It has everything to do with you, you were one of the guards on duty that night weren't you?" Jazu snapped back. Star looked between the two before looking at Oidoas with curious eyes, "Is that true?" Oidoas swallowed slowly and then shifted the food around on his plate "I don't recall." "Bullshit!" Jazu hissed and grabbed the table "Quit lying and just tell her the truth, you fucked up!" "Alright!" Oidoas slammed his knife down in anger "I messed up! Okay?" He huffed at Jazu before looking at Star, the look on her face made his stomach twist in knots. "...I asked her if she wanted some company because she was going to walk in the garden. She agreed but said she had to grab something from her sister's room and would meet me at the fountain in the middle. I left without a second thought..." Oidoas glanced down at his plate, guilt written all over his face. He had been assigned to watch the younger sister after his training and they had slowly began to fall in love. Oidoas had planned on telling her that night at the fountain. "You were the one guarding her that night?" Star asked in a whisper, tears slowly slipping down her face as she stared at him in shock. "I was." Oidoas admitted "And I have to bare that scar for the rest of my life." The whole room fell into silence. Star didn't know what to say as she was comprehending his words. She felt shocked and betrayed. Her best war general had been the guard that left his post the night she was murdered. Jazu stood and made his way over to Star, carefully rubbing her shoulder as he as about to pull her into a hug, Star leaped over the table and crashed into Oidoas. They fell to the floor and she grabbed at his shirt collar "How could you do such a thing!?" Her hands shook as she moved her grip from his shirt to his throat "HOW COULD YOU! I TRUSTED YOU!" "I know! And I'm sorry!" He shouted back as she sobbed. "It was an accident," He started a bit more calmly as he removed her hands from his neck "I know that I should have waited for her outside of your room but I didn't. And I regret it. I think about it when I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. I think about it when something bad happens to my clan. It haunts me..." He shifted and sat up, giving Star a hug as she proceeded to just hit his chest in anger. Jazu walked over and pulled her away from him and against his side, trying to comfort her. Star took in a few deep breaths before she glared at Oidoas. She wanted to punish him. Punish him for his mistake. She didn't have the magic to take away his and turn him into a white dragon. Ako stood and walked over to Oidoas as he rubbed his throat, "Are you okay?" "I will be fine." He whispered back as Ako looked him over and then turned to the Empress "It was a long time ago, maybe we should as take deep breaths and calm down before we do something rash." Star was seething with rage and wanted him to pay in a very painful way. She looked up at Jazu "Do it." He looked down and with a curt nod, he rushed over to Oidoas and tackled him into the living room; where they crashed through the coffee table. "Oidoas!" Ako called in fear but Star grabbed her arm to keep her from interfering. She turned to the Empress "Let me go!" "He has to pay." Star replied with a distant look in her eyes. "Don't be stupid!" Ako cried out "It was merely an accident!"
There was a loud crash and the whole room rushed outside to see Oidoas and Jazu standing apart, looking ready to tear into each other. Oidoas was bleeding from his cheek and he huffed out "I don't want to fight you!" "Her Majesty demands it!" Jazu growled back. "You're in love with her." Oidoas spoke up as he relaxed a bit as he moved in closer, he was trying to defuse the situation. "That is none of your business!" Jazu hissed, trying to keep focus on the fight. Thunder boomed from the sky, deafening the crowd on the ground, and lightning danced thereafter.
Star grinned slightly, she was beginning to feel better finally to make those pay for her pain.
Thunder boomed once more before a cry escaped the crowd and Star collapsed to the ground, gripping her shoulder in pain. "Star!" Jazu rushed over to her and pulled up into his arms. She had an arrow sticking out of her right shoulder "Ah!" She gasped out. The pain was amplified by the magic that coated the arrow.
"Looks like I'm not too late to the party!" A new voice hissed from the treeline and out stepped the white dragon from the cave, Velvet. She had come for her revenge.