Chapter Three

Sunlight shined through Tenten's home, illuminating her bed where she and Neji lay together, wrapped in each others arms.

Had there not been an alarm clock in her room, they might've stayed blissfully asleep.

The clock went off and Tenten opened her eyes slightly to find her head resting on Neji's chest. Her body tensed up. She wanted to scream; to hit him even.
But he felt so warm up against her in the chilly room. They had long since kicked the covers off, and had then gone to each other for warmth.

However, the blissful feeling she once had was replaced by reality the moment Neji opened his eyes.

He shifted before sitting up straight, rubbing his eyes in the process.

He looked down at Tenten, causing her to blush slightly and give a slight smile. Neji stayed indifferent despite enjoying her slightly adorable look. "Morning," he said softly, scooting out of bed.

Tenten dropped her smile and said, "Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Well enough," he replied, stretching his arms, "How about you?"

She giggled a bit and said, "I slept well. You were quite warm."

Neji blushed at Tenten's statement and nodded, turning to look at her. "Well... You weren't so cold yourself," he replied, allowing himself to smile softly in front of her.

She blushed hard before slipping out of bed and stretching herself. "Guy Sensei and Lee should be here soon. I made sure to set the alarm thirty minutes prior." Neji nodded and walked towards the bedroom door, opening it and walking towards his clothes.

'What a blur,' he thought, 'Did... Did last night even happen?' He slipped on his pants and turned over his shoulder to find Tenten watching him.

When she realized he noticed, she shut the door quickly, causing Neji to shake his head in confusion.

'Sometimes,' He thought, slipping his shirt on, 'I 'm afraid to know what runs through her mind.'

Neji gripped his forehead as sudden pain lashed through, worse than it had before.

It seemed like it continued to get worse every time and there was little he could do about it.

Whatever the pain was leading to, Neji didn't like it.

It reminded him to ask Hiashi a few questions when he got back home. He sighed and grabbed his forehead protector, slipping it on and glancing at his reflection for only a quick second. He officially didn't trust mirrors and it only helped to remind him about his nightmares.

'I'd never hurt Tenten like that,' Neji thought, 'even if my heart stopped beating.'

Tenten's heart raced suddenly as she leaned up against the door.

She was losing her damn mind. 'It was just one night, I bet. He was just feeling sorry,' she thought, walking to her dresser. 'No way he'd ever truly care for me like that. Don't kid yourself Tenten.'

She rubbed her forehead, feeling a slight headache creep up.

She groaned and shook her head. She needed to train but the pain in her arms and legs told her otherwise. It would indeed be a few days until Tenten could get back to training, but the real question was, why stop the whole team from training?

She knew for sure that Might Guy and the boys were up to something. She knew it wasn't her birthday and figured it wasn't because of something that happened back then.