Chapter Two

Neji's eyes opened wide as he panicked, sitting up seconds before realizing he wasn't in pain anymore.

Hiashi and Hinata sat before him; worry planted on both their faces.

He shook his head dizzily and looked at his cousin and uncle in confusion.

"Neji, you're okay," Hinata said happily. Neji looked at her, unsure if he should feel safe by those words, or afraid.

Her smile went away and she asked, "Do you not remember?" Neji didn't know what she was talking about. 'What don't I remember-

Neji started shaking in slight fear and anger as he spoke, "That woman! Who was she, where is she?!"

Hinata shrunk and Hiashi placed his hands firmly on Neji's shoulders, saying, "Neji, calm down. What are you talking about?" Neji looked up at his uncle and said, "There... There was a woman. I remember falling down in so much pain... I thought my seal was activated but it was something else. I remember seeing a woman with short hair... She was a Hyuga."

Hiashi hung on to his every word, becoming tense and more worried than he was beforehand.

Neji continued, "She stabbed her hand with what looked like a claw and made me drink her blood. I don't know why she did that, but afterwards, the pain left me. But I have a migraine now."

Hiashi nodded slowly, studying Neji. He looked fine on the outside, but it was the inside Hiashi was worried about. Hinata looked frightened.

"Neji-San, are you going to be alright?" she asked. Neji looked at her and nodded. "Yes, I'll be fine. But I have to go now, the team is grouping up."

Hiashi, concerned for his safety, was about to order him to sit tight, but it was just a headache for the time being. If Hiashi found Neji's condition got worse, then he would have to stay put.

Hiashi nodded and watched as Neji got up and stretched before walking towards the door leading into the halls.

Before he exited the room, he turned and looked over his shoulder at Hiashi.

Hiashi nodded and smiled slightly before Neji could say anything. Neji couldn't help but to smile back as he left the room.

Hiashi dropped his smile and looked at Hinata. Hinata looked at him and asked, "Will he be okay? That's very strange for one of our own to do that."
Hiashi shook his head and said, "Everything will be fine Hinata. I assure you. But for now, just keep an eye on him, and inform me of any changes in general."

Hinata nodded and smiled a little. But deep down, she was just as worried as he was.

~

Neji groaned and rubbed his forehead.

Whatever that Hyuga woman did, he was sure it wasn't anything positive.

He was expecting his teammates to be at their most hyper, and wasn't sure if he could muster the strength to handle it.
However, snapping at his teammates and teacher might do some good for everyone, but it was not in his place to try that.

Along the way, he ended up running into Sakura and Ino near the flower shop.

Ino batted her eyelashes and said, "Nice seeing you around Neji."

He rolled his eyes. Ino still tried from time to time to flirt with him, and he hated it.

Sakura rolled her eyes as well and waved at him, smiling softly. Neji waved back. He never thought much of Sakura. She was a sweet girl with a temper that kept some boys at bay. She also had that obsession with Sasuke before he up and left.