four

stay by me darling
[ nishimura riki ]
by nishiflwrs

warnings : cursing
pairing : nishimura riki & fem!reader
chapter word count : 800

chapter 4
______________________________________________

"why'd you move schools?" ni-ki asked the girl who walked next to him on the rough uneven sidewalk.

"oh, well jungwon just convinced my parents to move me so we could be closer,"

the boy nodded in response, "did you like your old school?"

the girl stopped for a moment, "hah not really, i didn't have much friends there, plus the last few weeks i was there was complete hell,"

ni-ki opened the door to the convenience store as the girl paused her explanation, entering the store as the boy held the door open.

"why?"

haeun laughed to herself, "what did you do the last few weeks of school?"

they walked around the store as they continued talking.

"i don't know i just had soccer play offs?"

she stared at him for a moment.

"oh. sorry, i keep forgetting you could feel what ever i feel," he chuckled looking at the items in the small aisles with you.

"haha, its fine, i'm not used to this soulmate thing either,"

they entered the drink aisle together scanning the items with their eyes quickly.

the girl stood in front of the drinks thinking.

as for ni-ki, the boy reached for the strawberry milk almost immediately, taking one in each of his hands.

"let's pay," ni-ki handed you one of the small cartons.

"wha-?" you stood with the item in your hands as ni-ki made his way to the cashier, "okay?"

you walked to the cashier after him.

"is that it?" the girl at the register asked ni-ki.

"one more,"

haeun placed the milk carton on the counter.

"oh my gosh! haeun is that you?" the girl at the cash register squealed through her mask.

haeun shot her head up immediately looking at the girl.

"yena?" haeun tilted her head in confusion.

"mhm! why did you transfer schools? i missed you so much!"

haeunn let out an awkward laugh, "no exact reason,"

"who is this?" yena diverted her attention to the boy at the other side of the counter, "don't tell me he's your boyfriend, you could never pull someone like this!" yena giggled.

"uh, sorry can i pay?" ni-ki finally spoke pushing his cash towards the girl behind the counter.

"sure!" yena beamed, slowly continuing on with her job, slowly taking coins from the register, as the two picked up their items they just bought.

"heres the change," yena reached out to place the coins in ni-ki's hands, "and my number if you want to talk," she placed a small piece of paper on top of the coins.

"ok," ni-ki bluntly answered and turned around to leave the store as he ignored a sorrowful feeling in his chest.

they exited the convenience store as ni-ki first made his way to the trash,

"what are you doing?" haeun asked him as he threw the small white paper, yena gave him, into the trash.

"no offense to your old classmate in there, but she talks way too much," ni-ki walked back to you.

you looked at the carton in your hand realizing he chose strawberry milk for you.

"strawberry milk?"

"yea, let's go back now," ni-ki said holding the utem in his hand walking past you.

"you're not going to drink it now?"

"no, i'm going to microwave it,"

"warm-" haeun paused looking at the boy in confusion, "warm, strawberry, milk-?"

he nodded, "yes. exactly, if it wasn't obvious already, darling, now come on,"

the girl started walking, "darling?" you scoffed looking at ni-ki.

"what about it? it suits you,"

"for sureee," you skipped ahead of him, "um today's fact about me, my favorite fruit- cherries,"

"so this is how we're going to get to know each other?"

you nodded, "day by day i'll know more about you,"

"mine's strawberries," he paused, "mm okay, so you're saying- i'll be talking to you every single day for as long as we're living,"

"when you make it sound like that, i want to un-soulmate you,"

ni-ki snorted, "un-soulmate?"

"yea, the universe should've gave me a better one," i teasingly rolled my eyes.

"you don't mean that, darling, i'm literally the best soulmate you could have,"

"explain to me why,"

"first of all, you already know but i play soccer, i'm a dancer too-"

"ohh,"

"oh?" ni-ki asked.

"i thought the soreness everywhere on my body was just a me problem-"

"oh, oops, i don't think i'll ever get used to this soulmate shit, i barely know anything about it,"

"same, i didn't think i'd even find my soulmate this soon."

_______________________

are you lying to me?