Chapter 16

"I guess it's a shame I can see you all. You shouldn't have dug holes in my flesh. Next time you want to mess up with me, think first. Now, and last words?"

"My princess, you can't do that! We will not play-"

"10, 9, 8-" The sparrows started running and hiding, all of them except for the High Sparrow. I saw through the holes in my hands where they went. This was way too easy. "7, 6, 5, 4-" They continued scattering around, not knowing where to hide. Had I known how much fun this was, I would have done it before. "3, 2, 1, time's over." I grinned, Tommen was scared, trying to calm me down, but I was angry. I was so mad that I could feel fire in my chest. I had never felt this way before and it felt so good. I was powerful. For the first time in my life, I didn't feel powerful, I was.

"Ser Gregor, would you mind making the honours? Third column to your right." I commanded and he went there and suddenly there was blood splattered all over the wall. "Fifth to your left. Then tenth to the left." I kept giving him orders until the High Sparrow was the only one left. Mother was looking proudly at me. Tommen was nearly crying. What a baby.

"Joanna, get up from the Throne and go to your chambers. Immediately." With the fuss of the moment I hadn't realized Grandfather had entered the room. He looked stern but a glimpse of pride filled his eyes.

"No." I replied equally stern. "I have received orders all my life and I don't want this anymore, I want to rule over my life. I want to be able to choose like every man. Why can't I? Because I am a woman?" He raised his eyebrow at me, probably wondering where this outburst came from. I stood up and smothered my dress. I walked towards Tommen and stood right in front of him, our noses nearly touching.

"Listen to me, my King." I mocked. "You are one of the three worst kings to have ruled Westeros and, considering the other two were the Mad King and Joffrey, I wouldn't be very proud." I walked away bumping his shoulder, he was shaking with fear. Great. "Now, Ser Gregor, would you mind escorting me to my chambers? This has been a rather, how to say it, eventful, day. Good night, everyone." I said with feigned sweetness and exited the room.

/* /* /* /* /* /*

I was awoken from my sleep by a very loud BANG, it sounded like an explosion. Today was my mother's trial, but she had told me not to attend, so I decided to sleep until late. Because, why not?

I looked through the window in my chambers and saw huge clouds of green smoke in the sky and saw the Sept of Baelon in ruins. What had happened? Mother was there! Wait. She told my idiotic brother and I to not go there under any circumstance, she didn't want to go either. Did that mean what I thought it meant?

I drank a cup of dark red wine and changed my sleeping robes for a nice dress, combed my hair and run out of my chambers to mother's. What? It's not like I could go out with my hair looking like a nest of birds. I got there and she had a cup in hand, looking at what had just happened. I stood next to her and stared at the people who were starting to crowd around the Sept. They all were astonished and utterly scared.

"How-?" I started to ask.

"Wildfire."

"Was it-?"

"Yes. it was me."

We both stayed in silence for a while before I remembered the¡at there had been people inside the Sept while it blew up. Loras, Margaery, Mace Tyrell, the High Sparrow, I frowned at the last one, I wanted to kill him myself. Then I thought, Tommen. Was he okay? As much as I was mad at him and would probably never forgive him, he was still my baby brother. I needed to know that he was, at least, alive.

I bid mother goodbye and went to hus chambers. He was there, alone, his eyes red and puffy from crying. I even felt bad for him. At that moment I saw in him the little boy he was before we travelled to Winterfell, back to when we used to play together with Ser Pounce.

"Joanna! What are you doing here?" He dried his tears with his sleeve and pretended to not have been crying. I, without saying a word, hugged him tightly. He was as tall as me, maybe even a bit taller. I suddenly remembered the time mother told me she was pregnant and, a few moons later, Tommen was born. I was so happy, I had been wanting another sibling for some time and unexpectedly, a beautiful baby boy came to the world.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault. If I hadn't- you wouldn't have had to suffer so much. And Margaery, I loved her and now she's dead, she's dead because of me. I killed her."

"You didn't, it was whoever blew up the Sept." I wasn't going to tell him I knew who it was. I couldn't risk him hurting mother.

"There's something I have to do, sister. And please, don't stop me from it."

"What are you talking ab-" He took off his crown and jumped through the window. Wow.

I scattered away from his room and told his guard to fetch some wine for Tommen, so he wouldn't know I had been there during his death. I ran to my chambers and found a letter on my bed. It was from Grandfather. He had been poisoned and knew he wouldn't live long.

Suddenly, there were knocks on my door. It was Jaime.

"Joanna, I'm sorry to tell you this but, Tommen and your Grandfather are dead. You have now to go to the Throne Room. You are next on the line. You are to be Queen."

Guess Grandfather's letter had arrived a little late.

My dream had finally come true, but at what cost? My siblings, Grandfather, my uncle Tyrion's loyalty, my betrothed and, what for? A Throne that wasn't even made of a thousand swords.