Chapter 4

Joanna's POV

I woke up and looked at my surroundings, I saw a naked body sprawled next to mine, naked too.

It was a rather cold night and Joanna decided to go find her brother. She looked for him in the halls, the stables and everywhere she could think of, after an hour of searching, she gave up and went to her quarters. That's where she saw him, sitting at the end of her bed.

"Joffrey. Here you are. I was looking for you. I was worried about you." He remained silent.

"Do you truly love me?" He asked after a few moments. That left Joanna very confused. Why was he asking her this now? Joffrey was not one for insecurities and he knew she did love him with all her heart.

"Of course I do. You know this Joff, why are you asking me this now?" She tried to come closer and caress his cheek but he backed up. He stood from the bed and pushed her against one of the walls of her chambers.

"Then why did you kiss him? Do you love him too? Don't try to lie, I saw you." He did not look angry, or at least not as angry as Joanna thought her would, but he looked sad, broken-hearted even.

"I did not, my love. He kissed me and you know I have to marry him, mother told me to act as sweet and loving as I can, so I did. But my heart will forever belong to you." And then, Joffrey kissed her. This was not like any other kiss they had shared. This one was full of passion, lust and love. They felt on fire. She rugged at the hem of his shirt to give him a hint, he took it off and began unlacing her dress. In no time they were both naked, they remained the other body, they had never gone so far. Joffrey looked at her eyes asking for consent. When he nodded, he launched himself onto her, he covered her body with small kisses and she did the same to him. When he entered her, it stung, but soon the pleasure replaced the pain.

They kept going until they couldn't take it anymore, throughout the night, he had her more than four times.

I smiled when I saw his golden hair messy and it was all my doing. Mine probably looked far worse. I kissed the shell of his ear and moved to his cheek and then his lips. He kissed me back and smiled in the kiss. He finally opened his eyes and we stared into each other. His were greener with bluish spots contrasting the other colour. Mine's, all blue like the ocean, with a thin yellowish line around the black dot of which I never bothered to learn its name when maester Pycelle would mention it in our classes.

"Morning." He slurred in his raspy, morning voice.

"Morning". I answered, he looked so cute with his hair all dishevelled.

He pecked my lips again and then moved to rest his head on my chest. I was playing mindlessly with his hair when we heard a knock on the door.

"Joanna, my cub, have you seen your, brother? Can you please open the door?" It was mother. I pushed Joffrey with all his clothes under the bed and put on my robes as fast as I could, I knelled down, pecked his lips as an apology for throwing him on the floor.

"Coming mother." I told her running towards the door.

"That's what you will do tonight." Joffrey smirked from under the bed. Before I could answer, mother had already opened the door.

"No, I haven't seen him today. But I was about to go break our fast with you in the hall. If you give me two more minutes so I can get ready." I tried to make her leave but, when she sat on the bed, I knew Joff would have to stay still and quiet for some time.

"Joanna, your father wants to have you married before leaving to King's Landing. He wants to leave you here-"

"No! You can't let him do that!" I interrupted her, I knew how much she hated when I did that but I was so mad at father.

"But, as I was saying, I convinced him to make you marry that Stark boy but come home with us the day after." Relief flooded my chest, thank the Gods and my persuasive mother. Then it dawned on me.

"Would I have to bed him?" I remembered Joffrey was under the bed listening to everything. "I do not wish to, mother. Maybe we could have the bedding ceremony after Joffrey's wedding." I tried to bargain.

"I am sorry, little cub. But Robert specifically told me that you have to bed him, at least once. I know this is not what you wanted but, think this way, it could have been much worse." I thought of my parent's marriage, it was not a happy one, not even cordial or respectful. My father would shame my mother any time he could and hit her, he often hit me too because I 'look so much like that wench', as he says. "Your husbands could be old and hateful and, though I do not know him, I do think he likes you."

"He loves me. He told me." I looked up from my lap to my mother. "I do not love him back, though. Mother, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, little cub."

"Before you married father, was there anyone you loved? Someone you loved so badly it hurt so much you couldn't breathe?" I had not realized I had tears in my eyes, I was not one for crying, so I do not know where that came from.

"I did, but I let him go." Lie. She had not left uncle Jaime and I knew it. Still, I let her carry one with her lie. "As will you, do I know who he is? Or is it s she?" She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Mum!" I only called her that when we joked, which was rarely. "No, no you do not. And you cannot ask who it is!"

"Okay, fine. Just remember, the more people you love, the weaker you are. Love no one but your children."

"I know. Now, if you excuse me. I need to finish getting ready."

She left the room and Joffrey came out from under the bed.

"Who was that who you were talking about, huh? You said mother she did not know him. Do I?" He teased.

"No. I don't think you do, sweet brother. But, next time I see him, I will make sure he visits you." I mumbled brushing my lips against his. He kissed me passionately and left to his chamber to get cleaned up for the day.

I was walking around the gardens with uncle Tyrion when I felt a very strong pain in my stomach, when I groaned he asked me if he should call for a master, which I refused. We decided to sit down for a while and, when I stood, my dress was all covered in blood. I had just had my first moons of blood. Great.

"Please, uncle. Can you tell my mother to come to my chambers?" I was six and ten years of age and, usually, girls are already women and everyone thought I had flowered too, but I had not. No one knew to avoid rumour of me being barren, if I hadn't had my moon blood in a year, then they would have just married me off to someone else rather than Robb.

Who knows what would have happened. I don't believe in the Gods, but maybe they had planned this for a reason.

Don't forget to comment and vote! Thank you all.