Chapter 2

A week had passed since Cersei had told her eldest daughter about her engagement and Joanna still was not fond of it. The maids were finishing packing and settling the chests with their clothes in the carriages, the cooks prepared meals for the long trip and the stable boys were readying the horses. In the meanwhile, Joanna was playing with Tommen and his cat Ser Pounce in the throne room. Robert never sat on the throne so it was mostly empty except for the few guards that watched over the prince and the princess.

"Little cubs, it is time to leave, we must start our journey now." Their mother interrupted them just as they were about to discover whether Ser Pounce was a Ser or a Lady. Joanna was sure it was the latter but still was curious.

"We will have to wait Tommen, maybe in the carriage we can check it?" Joanna asked her little brother.

"Yes!" He grinned. "Are Joffrey and Myrcella riding with us?" He had stopped asking for his father a long time ago because he knew Robert would never go with them if he could avoid it. "What about uncle Jaime, is he coming too? Please, please, please. If he comes, I promise I will behave!" Her son's pleads brought Cersei a smile on her lips.

"Yes, he will but, why don't you go ask him to make sure?" Tommen ran off to find his uncle who he thought would be guarding the carriages.

"Joanna, darling. I have spoken to your father about your marriage, I have convinced him to allow you to come to King's Landing with us until Joffrey's wedding, then, you will go back to Winterfell and stay there."

"Thank you so much, mother! I love you so much." Joanna hugged her mother tightly.

Though she wasn't pleased with marrying the young wolf, she was glad she could stay with her family a little bit more, who knows, if her mother could convince her father to agree to this, maybe she would cancel the betrothal. Either way, she was grateful to spend a few months with the love of her life and her family.

The month of riding was tiring and annoying, especially with Robert complaining about Joanna and Cersei every ten steps. "You two are like twins, you should have stayed there, you hate the cold as much as I hate you" or "Joanna, why don't you jump off the carriage and make us all a favour, luckily your mother will follow you soon after" were the comments both women had to bear with. However, Joanna was not one to leave it aside, so she would retort him with even nicer words such as, "my death would please you, father, but yours would please seven kingdoms".

Not soon enough for most, they arrived at Winterfell. They got down their carriages and Joanna stifled a laugh when she saw her father having trouble dismounting the horse. Still, when everyone saw him, they all kneeled, he bowed Lord Stark to stand up and they all did. She was looking through the window. Lord Stark bowed his head towards his father in a sense of respect.

"You've got fat." The King said monotonously, everyone eyed him to see his reaction. Eddard looked at her father's stomach and they both laughed and hugged. He then greeted Lady Stark and their children.

The Queen exited the carriage first and Joanna followed her second, then Tommen and lastly Myrcella. The eldest child looked over and saw who father said was Sansa, she was looking at Joffrey with admiring eyes, she felt a pang of jealousy hit her heart knowing that, as much as Joffrey loved Joanna, she would never get to marry him while this 'stupid little wench', as Joanna rapidly named her, would.

She then saw Robb, he was handsome, with his reddish hair and soft blue eyes, he seemed like a good man, but that was not enough, at least not for Joanna, whose heart had been stolen long ago. 'It could be worse' she thought, she could have been married off to an old man who would hit and rape her. The Stark heir did not seem likely to do either of those.

"Take me to the crypts. I want to pay my respects." She was pulled out of her thoughts with Robert's deep voice.

"We've been riding for a month, my dear. I'm sure the dead can wait-" Cersei tried to convince him.

"Ned." Lord Stark looked apologetically at the Queen and left with his long-time friend.

Catelyn Stark guided the rest of the royal family to the chambers they would be occupying during their stay in Winterfell. Joanna was in her room finishing changing her dress when someone knocked on the door. As she was now fully dressed, she opened the door and was met by Robb Stark.

"I am here to escort you to the feast, my princess." He extended his arm so she could take it and, with a fake smile she did. They walked in silence through the humid walls of the castle, he tried to start a conversation with her every once in a while, she just hummed in response so he gave up.

Finally, they made it to the main hall where the feast was being held. Joanna sat next to her mother who was next to Lady Stark. Robert was whoring around drinking and Joffrey just entered the room sitting next to Joanna. He held her hand under the table and she smiled, Joffrey's hand was so soft it sent shivers down her spine, she did not know if they weren't from that of the feeling of love.