“What are you talking about? You have to go! You played a huge role in the battle.”

“I am not someone who cares for fame or honor. Furthermore, if I go, there is bound to be friction with the palace wizards. I’m basically being treated as a traitor by the wizards because I left the World Tower without permission.”

As the wizard shrugged as if it were no big deal, the knights rolled their eyes. Jungkook, who had been silent for a long time, decided to open his mouth.

“… I will also feel relieved if you were to stay.”

“I was planning on doing that from the beginning.” Dokyeom shrugged as if it were no big deal.

With that, Jungkook took a step forward, pushing the hall into pin-drop silence. He ran an authoritative gaze along the line-up before him and spoke solemnly.

“Then it’s decided. We leave as soon as we’re ready. The route will be the same one I explained before.”

The knights clenched their fists on their chests and briskly put them down. It seemed to be their own way of courtesy.

Lisa, who had been hanging around for a long time in the back, sneaked up on Jungkook as the briefing drew to a close. He turned back and looked puzzled at her visit.

“I told you, you could take a little more rest. Is there a problem?”

“Oh, no… Well, I fe-felt like I had to get u-up, t-too.”

She ignored the gazes of the knights as she was approaching him. Jungkook looked down at her with worried eyes. Feeling her heart tightening at his gaze, she continued shyly.

“They to-told m-me that the me-meals are re-ready, so… I-I’m here to te-tell you…”

He looked up at the sky, measured the slope of the sun, and said to the knights.

“Let’s fill our stomachs first.”

The knights quickly dispersed. Jungkook walked with an arm around Lisa’s shoulders, holding it as if he were protecting her. Lisa peeked at his dashing figure under the bright sunlight. Dressed in silver armor atop a thick blue tunic, he was as resplendent as if he had just walked out of a temple mural. She could feel why the commoners would look at him and shout,

‘The wise man of Uigru!’ … the legendary knight who ascended to the heavens.

“… Are you feeling any better?”

At the abrupt question, she looked down in a hurry, trying to mask her earlier thoughts.

“I-I’m all right.”

“You were in pain the last time we did it.”

Her face flushed carmine, feeling as if it was on fire.

“T-truly, I-I’m fine…”

“I wish you would say that when we’re in bed.” He grimaced and asked perversely, “So that if I ask you ‘Can I do it more?’ you would tell me ‘It’s fine’.”

“Tha-that, that kind of talk…”

She looked around in panic. Seeing that the knights were already far ahead, she looked at him with a timid look and stiffly continued.

“Tha-that kind of talk, you, you can’t talk about those things, if someone hears….”

“So, what if they hear?”

They may find fault with them for being lewd and unprincipled–the sordid almost rose from her throat. So she kept her mouth tightly shut like a honey-fed mute. Over the past few days, only their erotic nights finding their way to mornings filled her memories.