How Clexa kiss happened.

[UPDATE: 17/5/2020]

Remember the missile hit in Episode 12: Rubicon? They had Bellamy inside Mt Weather, and they knew what was coming. They were slipping away to escape the missile. But, Clarke saw Abby and went back for her. Clarke and Abby made it out before the missile hit.

Of course, Clarke felt guilty for the loss of that many people. But that's what leaders had to do in wars right? Make the hard decisions.

Okay, I couldn't extract much from Episode 12 but I do know Lexa is doing a lot to save Clarke and she's even caring more for Clarke than she wants to lead on.

Season 2, Episode 13: Resurrection. Lexa is constantly trying to make Clarke understand why she did what she did, and why Clarke shouldn't react to her anger. Lexa was teaching Clarke to be strong, and she was also reminding herself, convincing herself that what she did leaving their people for the missile hit was the right move. She felt pained, she felt guilty too, because she knew she could've done more to save her people, THEIR people. It clearly was shown when they were finding for the spotter, Lexa looked back at Tondc and a hint of hurt passed.

Here's the part when I think Lexa just completely changes the way she thinks about Clarke - Clarke was determined to kill the Mountain Man. Lincoln was already attacking the Mountain Man, until he was caught by his throat. Clarke didn't even waver when she shoot the man. Clarke is stronger than she believes she could be if she is driven by anger and revenge. Clarke is more alike to Lexa, they're like the same two people. But at the same time, Lexa was in disbelief at what Clarke's done. I think she even looked kind of scared for Clarke.

In the scene where Heda and Clarke stood high, Heda was driven by winning the war and of the loyalty of her people who are still alive, whereby Clarke was torn between her own emotions of letting those people die...

Season 2, Episode 14: Bodyguard of Lies. Another one of my favourite episode! Lexa got jealous when she realised Clarke cares more for Bellamy. The jealousy was shown all over her face! Aww baby Lexa, your eyes said it all.

Lexa: You care about him.

Clarke: I care about all of them.

Lexa: But you worry about him more.

...

Lexa: You could be a leader your people look to; pour their hopes and dreams. Someone they would fight and die for. (CLARKE. Look into my eyes! I'm telling you, I'd do anything, to fight for you and be with you.)

Clarke: I never asked for that. I'm just trying to keep us alive.

Lexa: *Damnit Clarke. Why are you so stubborn?!* You're born for this Clarke, same as me.

. . .

"Commander"
"Octavia"
Ouhhhh, that hard stare given to Octavia. I knew something was brewing, and so did Clarke!

Lexa ordered for Octavia to be dead. Lexa is starting to be a cold-hearted person again because she's scared. She's been fighting her raging emotions, and now she can't anymore. So she did what she does best - close her heart off and stay guarded.

Clarke: What the hell is wrong with you? You can't just kill everyone you don't trust!

Lexa: Yes I can.

....

Lexa: And you're willing to risk everything on that? For her [Octavia] feelings?

Clarke: Yes. You say having feelings makes me weak. But you're weak for hiding from them. I might be a hypocrite Lexa, but you're a liar. You felt something for Gustus, you're still haunted by Costia. You want everyone to think you're above it all, but, I, see, right, through, you.

Lexa: GET. OUT.

Clarke: ... I know you felt for them. But you let them burn.

Lexa: Not everyone. Not you.

DID YOU SEE THAT? TELL ME YOU DID. Lexa was quivering, ready to break down and cry in front of Clarke. But wait, go back, 5 seconds ago. When Clarke was moving into Lexa, and Lexa ended up at the table, OMG, I FELT THAT. The tension is so high.

Lexa just let her guards down, AGAIN. She's so weak around Clarke. She couldn't even hide her emotions. She wanted to cry!!! Cause she knew that whatever Clarke said was right, and she felt it all. And that push Clarke did without even touching Lexa? I was chanting "KISS KISS KISS!" inside my head. That stare off between both of them, I could see sparks!! Clarke was of course confused by what Lexa had meant.

"Well if you care about me then, trust me." Poor baby, Lexa couldn't even look at Clarke in the eyes.

. . .

A while later, I supposed Lexa did some thinking and believed Clarke that Octavia is not a threat. Lexa admits that she trusts Clarke. But she's just this broken girl, so afraid to trust anyone.

"You think our ways are harsh, but that's how we survive."
"Maybe life should be about more than just surviving. Don't we deserve better than that?"

I wish I could read what was running on Lexa's mind. She was really thinking hard about what Clarke said. And the... THE KISS HAPPENED. *screams, squeals* Clarke kissed Lexa back. THE KISS WAS SO SOFT AND PURE. And Clarke had to pull away! Lexa looked so rejected by it. I mean cmon Clarke, she just bared her soul and showed you her feelings, and you turned her down, by saying, "I'm not ready to be with anyone. Not yet."

Lexa's like, "Yeah okay... My bad. I thought you feel the same way" :(((