Chapter 36

Newt and I re enter the room to see Teresa sitting down on a chair, looking petrified up at Thomas and Gally as they stand over her, while the rest of the group sit around the table.

"Gally?" She says breathlessly. "You're- you're alive?"

"We aren't here to talk about me." Gally quickly dismisses. "We know WICKED has Minho, so you're going to tell us where he is."

"Is not as simple as that. You don't really think you can just get him because you know his location, do you?" Teresa says, shifting her eyes  to Thomas. But Gally swings an empty chair in front of the girl, sitting down on it backwards so his arms are folded over the backrest, completely blocking her view from the brunette boy.

"Don't look at him." Gally says sternly. "Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not going to help you. So unless you're looking for some kind of problem here, I'm going to ask you one more time. Where have you got Minho?"

"In the third sector." She mutters, "with the others."

"And how many 'others' are there?" Gally continues.

"26."

"And the serum?" Newt pipes up, causing Teresa's ice blue eyes to flick to him.

"In the same sector." She replies. "But I can you now that my answers mean nothing, because even if you know where every scanner is located in the facility, you still won't be able to get through the doors without being caught. And only registered WICKED staff can get in with their fingerprints."

"Which is why you're here." Thomas says, "we need you to get us through the scanners and into the facility."

Gally shrugs. "Do we really need her though?" The boy rises to his feet and walks over to the table behind me, picking up a shiny scapula and turning back towards Teresa, scowling at her. "All we actually need is her thumb."

"Gally, stop." Thomas says warningly, immediately rising to his feet and grabbing Gally's arm as Teresa shifts back slightly in her seat, eyes wide with fear.

"Why should I?" Gally argues, pointing the scapula at the girl. "I can guarantee she's does a lot worse to Minho."

"Gally, this isn't part of the plan." Thomas says. "So stop. Now."

Sighing, Gally puts the scapula back down on the table and shoots Thomas a look of annoyance as he takes his seat again.

"You don't understand, my thumb isn't the only thing you need to get through." Teresa says.

"We know we're tagged." Thomas sighs, walking over and crouching down beside the girl, looking at her in a sort of loving way that makes me feel sick. "That's why we need you."

"Need me for what?" She asks, but as she looks between Gally, Thomas and the scapula on the table, the dots connect.

"You want me to cut the trackers out of you?" She says in a hushed voice.

"Well done for figuring it out, Sherlock." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

Thomas's head snaps back to look at me as he shoots me a look. "Y/N..."

"What?" I say loudly, standing up from my chair. "What is it, Thomas? I am being rude?" I put my heart on my hand mockingly. "Oh, I am terribly sorry Teresa, I didn't mean to speak in such a rude tone. My deepest condolences."

"Y/N, that's enough." Thomas snaps, rising to his feet.

"Why are defending her, hm?" I shout at him. "Why do keep on defending her? It's almost like you've forgotten that she's being torturing your best friend for the past six months! So stop being a wimp and get tough on her, because you're not going to get anywhere by mollycoddling her and talking to her in a calm and rational way, like we're still friends with her."

"I like her too." I hear Gally whisper to Gzi beside him.

"She's pretty cool, isn't she?" Gzi whispers back, smirking at me.

"Teresa, you're going to get these trackers out of us, alright?" I say sternly, striding over to the girl. "I don't care if you don't want to, you're going to, got it?"

The brunette girl gulps and nods her head quickly. "Got it." She mumbles.

"Good. Look how far you can get when you're tough." I smirk at Thomas, who looks at me- and if looks could kill, I would be dead on the floor right now.

*****
"Hold still." Teresa says, sticking her tongue out slightly with concentration as she tries to get the tracker out of Thomas's neck, who sits patiently on the chair in front of him.

The back of my neck still stings slightly as I press a gauze pad against the open wound, keeping the bleeding to a minimum.

"I bet she enjoyed that." Gally mutters from beside me, who holds a gauze pad to his neck just like I do.

I laugh lightly, shifting my eyes to Newt, who sits in the corner of the room, examining the blood on his own gauze pad, his brows drawn together.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask the blonde boy, walking over to him. His head snaps up to look at me as he places the gauze back on his wound.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He replies, smiling weakly at me.

"How's your-" I begin, but my voice trails off as I remember him shouting at me an hour earlier for talking about his arm, which resulted in me being slapped.

"It's alright." He sighs, leaning forward slightly. "Hasn't gotten any better though."

"Newt, I promise you I will get the Serum for you." I say. "And Gally wants to get some anyway, so while we're getting Minho he'll be collecting all that he can, which should be more than enough."

"Ok." Newt says halfheartedly, just as I hear the noise of Thomas's chair scrape along the floor.

"Thomas, that isn't possible." Teresa says. I look back and see Thomas stood up from the chair as Teresa looks up at him with confusion.

"Thomas, she should have gotten worse months ago." Teresa continues, rising to her feet. "What, you don't believe me?"

"You really expect me to believe you?" Thomas snaps, suddenly spinning around to face the girl.

"Alright, that's enough." Gally says, stepping between the two. "Thomas, go help Brenda and Gzi with the packs."

Thomas scowls at Teresa before turning around and striding to the two girls, who stand by the table each cleaning a pistol.

"Ok, everyone else get changed into your uniforms." Gally continues as Teresa places the scapula down, her eyes still lingering on Thomas. "And let's get this mission started."