7

"Let me play matchmaker H." Niall pleaded. I huffed, yet again, a firm "No."
I had my eye on someone (more specifically Louis), I didn't want some posh, pedantic, fancy, overly feminine woman. He didn't know that though, he wasn't to blame.

"Why not?"

"I'm not looking for anyone Ni."

He angrily exhaled a sigh, his stance becoming more intimidating and strong, he clearly turned a blind eye to the rejection of his 'help'.
"Have at it H, have at it." he sternly said, making his way to his room.

"Jesus" I muttered and reached into my left jacket pocket for my pack of cigarettes. 'Time for a smoke' I thought as I opened my metal lighter with my thumb, a reflection of me showed in the square lid of it...I looked a mess. I lit my cigarette and deeply inhaled the toxic chemicals. I thumbed at the speck of dirt on the hem of my weighty blazer. My pathetic hope of seeing Louis again simmered in my mind...should I call him? Ignoring my idea, I rose from the wearing sofa and walked over to the low wooden table where a variety of alcohol bottles were scattered. I picked up the scotch , cigarette steadied between my lips and walked over to my open kitchen.

I grabbed a small scotch glass from the cabinet - which was high up - and poured a fine amount of scotch into the elaborately designed glass.

I inhaled the nicotine filled smoke then slowly exhaled after a few seconds then I grinded the cigarette bud on my olive green ash tray which I bought back in 48'. I took a sip of scotch, the alcohol burning my throat. I was seated on the maroon sofa, my drink placed on the side table along with the ash tray, a telephone was to the left of the ash tray.

I clutched the phone in my left hand, as a result of my last minute bad idea, and picked up my glass and drained the last remnants of my scotch. I pulled the slip of paper, which was noticeably crumpled, from my blazer and turned the numbered wheel accordingly.

Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Rin-

"Hello?" a confused but polite voice sounded.
"Who's speaking?"

"Harry"

"Oh- Hey!" his cheerful voice exclaimed, effectively making me smile despite my sombre state.

"Hey, how are you doing love?" I questioned gently to him.

"I'm alright H, how are you doing?" I could practically hear his beautiful smile.

a/n: this has been discontinued but if anyone wants me to continue it i will !! <3